GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to get an Alcantara Steering wheel for my GTR and had been looking at the mines style ones.

I saw another GTR with a Steering Wheel that he got from Chris at Auto Torque.

I contacted Chris and he was able to offer a complete custom wheel on an exchange basis meaning i could still use my car up until the wheel was ready to fit.

I decided to got with a Full Alcantara Wheel with Red Stitching. I also asked Chris to pad the Wheel out more to make it a bit thicker and make the grips more prominant.

I went down yesterday to have the wheel fitted. To say I was happy with the service was an understatment.

Chris and guys had the wheel changed in under 30 mins and i cannot belive how much nicer it feels.

Just wanted to make a post to show my appreciation.

I'll post a picture up shortly.

Thanks again Chris Keep up the good work.

Kind Regards
Neil
Greenlight

P.S Thanks for making me and the wife feel so welcome.:thumbsup:

205 Posts
I was looking to get an Alcantara Steering wheel for my GTR and had been looking at the mines style ones.

I saw another GTR with a Steering Wheel that he got from Chris at Auto Torque.

I contacted Chris and he was able to offer a complete custom wheel on an exchange basis meaning i could still use my car up until the wheel was ready to fit.

I decided to got with a Full Alcantara Wheel with Red Stitching. I also asked Chris to pad the Wheel out more to make it a bit thicker and make the grips more prominant.

I went down yesterday to have the wheel fitted. To say I was happy with the service was an understatment.

Chris and guys had the wheel changed in under 30 mins and i cannot belive how much nicer it feels.

Just wanted to make a post to show my appreciation.

I'll post a picture up shortly.

Thanks again Chris Keep up the good work.

Kind Regards
Neil
Greenlight

P.S Thanks for making me and the wife feel so welcome.:thumbsup:

Pleasure to deal with you Neil, Glad you were happy with the end result and thank you for the positive feed back.

Best as always

Chris

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Got one of these done on the Evo by AutoTorque and it's really nice. Will be getting this done on the GT-R this year as well.

Definitely recommend this to anyone :thumbsup:

205 Posts
We have a spare wheel in stock ready to PX Daz when your ready for the GTR one.

:thumbsup:

Got one of these done on the Evo by AutoTorque and it's really nice. Will be getting this done on the GT-R this year as well.

Definitely recommend this to anyone :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Thanks Chris for the re-trimmed wheel. Like the Evo one, it's very nice quality and the alcantara feels great in the hands.

Here some pictures. It's hard to see well on the camera but there's black alcantara on the hand grips and grey alcantara on the upper & lower sections of the wheel. I think that the two-tone wheel complements the carbon fibre steering wheel cover supplied to me by Rick @ Carbon Goodies :thumbsup:

And, the Evo one for reference

I can definitely recommend Chris and Auto Torque of you want a wheel re-trimmed :thumbsup:

·
Registered
888 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Here's some pictures of mine from today, the alcantara is wearing very well and I'm still very pleased with the quality of work from Autotorque.
Barry

Where yours has gone a bit shiny on the hand grips if you damp a microfibre cloth with a bit of washing up liquid rub it up and down in those areas it will be as good as new.

I did it to mine and was suprised how much dirt/grime gets worked into the material.

I love my steering wheel and every car i get in with leather wheel feels horrible compared :)

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Barry

Where yours has gone a bit shiny on the hand grips if you damp a microfibre cloth with a bit of washing up liquid rub it up and down in those areas it will be as good as new.

I did it to mine and was suprised how much dirt/grime gets worked into the material.

I love my steering wheel and every car i get in with leather wheel feels horrible compared :)

Cheers for that Neil, I'll give it a go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts