Is there any news on the Alconbury meet in May, All seems to have gone quiet on this, I heard a liitle bird told me at Donington that The folk at Alconbury were cancelling certain meets, Maybe you could confirm this.
just to confirm that the 2 events at alconbury (may 19th and top ten shootout) have to be moved, venue likely to be either bentwaters or Elvington. we are hoping to confirm withn a week or so.
basically the alconbury guy went back on agreement to run weekends, and would only offer mon-fri, with no spectating whatsoever. this was a disapointment obviously.
we are now awaiting confirmation from bentwaters to host exactly the same events, same dates also where possible, and same cost. They are keen for us to hold it there, but there are apparently some ongoing discussions with the environmental health local officials regarding noise levels and this may affect all events there this year.(i.e they may not be able to host them!)
I have support from all clubs/groups for bentwaters as a venue, so Guy will be informed as soon as I know for definite.
Elvington is one definite alternative, and with its 2.5mile runway may be better for the top speed runs, in addition to the drag and circuit use. If we have to offer Elvington as the venue, we are looking to offer camping and a bbq, reduced rate b+b locally, and may also be able to reduce the cost per car as well.
All the participating groups will be the first to know, so keep watching for confirmation of venue.