GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm a newbie in here and a newbie to the tuner world. I've always had decentish cars, but never really done many modifications. My bike on the other hand, well that's not quite so standard, but bikes are so easy to customise.

Bought a new MY14 GTR just last month from Alex Noble in Edinburgh...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Sports car

It came with the Milltek Y pipe, which does make it sound quite nice.

Anyway, I've just got myself booked in for a Litchfield stage 4 Performance Upgrade and Intercooler upgrade. This is just to get my feet wet, then as funds permit I'll slowly add to it and hopefully end up somewhere in the 800Bhp area.

I'm a bit of a carbon whore, my bikes dripping in the stuff, so I'm also booked in to see the guys a Knight Racer for some carbon goodies. For the interior I've got some RSW carbon and I'm tempted by JCR's carbon paddles, but still undecided on that one. I like the carbon look, but don't want to over do it.

It'll be a little while before I get some pictures up, I'm another offshore worker, it sucks being away but it pays for fancy toys like the GTR!

Cheers folk

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Very, very nice.
You'll love Stage 4 with an FMIC, the car really comes alive and the EcuTek software is a revelation.

Look forward to your updates, mate.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
We'll I've not had any issues or problems with them or work done to my car.

Cars performed faultless.

If you have issues with Litchfields I suggest you stick them somewhere else instead on someone's project thread

·
Registered
212 Posts
We'll I've not had any issues or problems with them or work done to my car.

Cars performed faultless.

If you have issues with Litchfields I suggest you stick them somewhere else instead on someone's project thread
Fair comment,
I suppose you can only go by the experience !!
I'm an SVM supporter!! They Do what it says on the Tin (for me anyway)
As your being a little aggressive, looking at your spec!! What performance do you call that!! LOL

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure if you can go Right ether !!
Whats your issues with Litchfields then? Or is that just because you use SVM that they must be worse? I'm curious on your reasoning.

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
People, this is a project thread so let's not go down the 'tuner warz' bullshit route, we've seen and heard it all before. Opinion is fine as long as it's not tit for tat arguing for the sake of it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Whats your issues with Litchfields then? Or is that just because you use SVM that they must be worse? I'm curious on your reasoning.
I have nothing against Ian at Litchfield,But I have seen some of his conversions!
SVM are local to me, I see them daily, Their work is meticulous, at any one time they have more than 15 GTR35's for servicing & Big Engine builds,they push all bounderes

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can hopefully add Alcon BBK to my list of additions soon thanks to MattGTR750! Now just gotta pay for them!

·
Premium Member
8,096 Posts
Stage 4 already on a newly purchased GTR I like the way you work! Will you also be taking out their warranty on the work since the Nissan one will be void once you start the engine work?

Regarding SVM/Litchfield etc, its your money spend it as you wish :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So, got some Alcons fitted and a few little carbon bits, JCR Paddles, mirror covers, window switch, mirror switch and large outer gear. Off to litchfields next week for stage 4 and to see Albert at Knight Racer for some more carbon. A couple pictures so far...
Vehicle door Automotive exterior Vehicle Rear-view mirror Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Family car
Vehicle Car Vehicle door Family car Electric blue
Steering part Steering wheel Vehicle Car Red
Land vehicle Vehicle Steering part Car Steering wheel

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.