GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with these damned koni coilovers

How do I get this compressed spring back to the normal? Heat?

I cant turn the bloody allen key bolts so the main body is just spinning. When on the car like this, I'm sure it makes a noise which makes the car sound like a wheel barrow.

Take notice of the white label at the end.

And then when I turn it limits at around 1/4 or 1/3 turn I think.

I cant tighten the thing! I have tried everything but the bolts just won't budge. Is there a way to tighten the shocks without the allen key bolts i.e some modifications? Or does it look like I will have to drill out the bolts, but then the worry is drilling into the shock it self! Why are there allen key bolts there anyway?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
Bin the helper springs and buy some new ones - Eibach, Faulkner etc available from Demon Teeks or Merlin Motorsport.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bin the helper springs and buy some new ones - Eibach, Faulkner etc available from Demon Teeks or Merlin Motorsport.
Looks like I will have to order some new ones, that helper spring is hard as hell to stretch back out by any means, I don't know how it even got squashed in the first place. Plus do you know what the function of the helper spring does? Someone said to me that it helps with slow speed shocks? Just read it supposed to keep the tension on the coilover when the car is lifted? :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts