GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , wanting to ask a few questions about the system. If i was to go to a scrapped 33gtr and want the altessa system, what components am i needing? Does anyone know a complete list? What signals does it take from the ecu? Can a full system from a 33 v spec inc active rear diff be used with the 32 gtr box?

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
There are no altessas on any GTR ....well maybe some somewhere, but that's just a sad terrible thing to do.

Now if you are looking for ATTESA systems, that's different ;)

You will need a lot from a donor car plus someone competent in wiring.

Why are you trying to retro fit this anyway?

Have you tried running a good controller ? The ETS-Pro in auto is very good for a set and forget type controller.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Unfortunately the ABS is in the same unit so you need the entire brake system aswell UNLESS you get the full-race ets controller.
Then you only need that, hydraulic pump and transfer box.
It is possible to get the vspec diff working aswell but I don't think you can run it off the controller.
In that case you need to use an aftermarket ecu with a pwm output and make your own map for it.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
You do not need the entire braking system to get the 4WD working. You only need the wheel speed sensors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking to run the system in a completely different vehicle along with the r32 box and a vh45de . Is there a sensor on the steering column aswell? Even with an after market controller, id still need all the original wiring would i not? What would be the outcome of just running the box/ diffs and no wiring? Not that i intend to do that, just curious. Im pretty good at wiring, built a few harnesses etc so not phased once ive got the relevant info.would just like to grab some experts opinions here that know the system alot better than i do :)

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
Looking to run the system in a completely different vehicle along with the r32 box and a vh45de . Is there a sensor on the steering column aswell? Even with an after market controller, id still need all the original wiring would i not? What would be the outcome of just running the box/ diffs and no wiring? Not that i intend to do that, just curious. Im pretty good at wiring, built a few harnesses etc so not phased once ive got the relevant info.would just like to grab some experts opinions here that know the system alot better than i do :)
You might want to look at the VH41de. In (I think) the Cima they could be had with the front diff in the sump. Might save you some hassles later on.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
And ABS unit.
The ABS unit is not required for the 4WD to work.
If you unplug the ABS unit, the ABS light will illuminate on the dashboard but the 4WD light will not.
There were a number of GTR vatients made without the ABS but they did have the ATTESA.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
The ABS unit is not required for the 4WD to work.
If you unplug the ABS unit, the ABS light will illuminate on the dashboard but the 4WD light will not.
There were a number of GTR vatients made without the ABS but they did have the ATTESA.
Oh, I thought a fault code on the ABS unit turned off the entire unit.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Oh, I thought a fault code on the ABS unit turned off the entire unit.
If the ABS fault is pump related, the 4WD remains active. If the ABS fault is wheel speed sensor related, both systems shut down, but only because the 4WD needs the wheels speed sensors.

There is a little chart in the R32 GTR workshop manual that details which faults effect which system.
There are a number of people on here who have remove just the ABS pump and retained the 4WD.

The OP needs to look at the ATTESA unit circuit diagram to identify what wiring is required to enable the 4WD to function.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep ive tried tracking down an awd vh41 and its like looking for a unicorn! Does anyone have an upto date link for a workshop manual for a 33gtr. Tried heaps and given up now. So will a 33 system work fine on a 32 box? Really appreciate the input here guys. So i dont need the full abs system. Does the attesa computer get its signals from the speed sensors directly or from part of the abs system so the abs electronics need to be preset?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Yep ive tried tracking down an awd vh41 and its like looking for a unicorn! Does anyone have an upto date link for a workshop manual for a 33gtr. Tried heaps and given up now. So will a 33 system work fine on a 32 box? Really appreciate the input here guys. So i dont need the full abs system. Does the attesa computer get its signals from the speed sensors directly or from part of the abs system so the abs electronics need to be preset?
The R32 and R33 transfer boxes are the same.

There is only one control unit and it does the 4WD and ABS so you do not need to worry there. I have translated the R33 wiring diagram. You can use that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts