GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have installed an uprated alu radiators, what is the max water temp that has been registered when the car is idle and stuff in traffic. What is the max safe water temp at idle.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Kind of depends on the climate of where you live. Being in Singapore you should be seeing at least 10 more degrees than most people located in temperate climates.

What kind of readings do you get?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DCD

up to 105 Celcius when stationary for a time - once moving at say 80kmh, then temp about 80 celcius. Will be testing it on the track next weekend. Only had it installed yesterday.

Any idea what the safe level is at idle? I would assume that since there is very little load on the bearings, a higher or even very high water temp (105) should not be damaging, unlike a very high temp at full boost, where the load on bearing is max. Do you agree?

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
That sounds pretty much right.
You could always fit an aero-bonnet that gets rid of some of the under bonnet air when stationary and keeps everything much cooler on roads/track. Additionally if you want to improve your water cooling further Boarder does a side mount radiator which is similarly sized to an oil cooler and helps things along...just an idea...

:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DCD - Thanks for your ideas.

Would fit the additional water cooler, but running out of space - Huge intercooler, Large Alu Radiator, Air con condenser and fuel cooler in the front. Left hand side - huge oil cooler and electric fan plus water spray system, right hand side, blow-off valves and horns. I would not know where to fit it.

I will be in Tokyo next week - Do you have any idea how far say Top Secret or Mines is away from Tokyo (Otemachi specifically) and how one would get there? Train, Taxi? I understand you get your car done by Mines and Top Secret - are they open on a Saturday? Just want to go there buy some stuff I need and look at some of the cars the are set up to have a good balance between track work and everyday road use.

Thanks Again.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Sites to visit:

Nismo in Omori:
Just get yourself on the Keihin-Tohoku line and stop off at Omori station whichi is a few stations down from Shinagawa. From there its a 5min walk towards route 15.

Mines:
Bloody far!! Its under Yokosuka. To get there by train you have to get to Yokohama station and jump on the line(sorry don't remember the name:( ) that goes past Yokosuka. The station you need to get off is maybe 10-15min after Yokosuka. I've only been there once by train and I was just following a friend round. The basic area where Mine's is locaed is Kamakura(big tourist spot)/Hayashi/Kinugasa.

Top Secret: Its in Chiba. I've only been there once and I was following hipogtr from the register. If he sees this post I'm sure he gan give you directions. from what i hear its pretty close to the train station...

Hope this helps! A visit to Super Autobacs is a must too

;)

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Nismo is very easy to find from Otemachi.

I work in Otemachi and live close to Omori so could easily help you there.

hipogtr is your man for visiting Top Secret.

Tokyo Bay Super Autobacs is also pretty easy if you want to take DCD's advice and have a look there.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
SingaporeR34, here are your options for getting to Top Secret. Simple either way :

By car its simply a matter of getting on the Higashi-Kanto expressway from Tokyo, getting off at the Kita-Chiba exit about 30 kms from Tokyo, heading north on road #16 and turning left at the 3rd set of lights. All up about 35 minutes travel time.

By train go from Otemachi to Tokyo station. Get on the Sobu line (heads in the direction of Makuhari) and stay on the train until you get to Inage station. From there you would need to take a 15 minute taxi ride to Top Secret. All up just over 1 hour travel time.

And remember to bring your camera! Top Secret always have their demo cars lieing around to check out.

Hope this helps.

Cya O!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks

HIPOGTR and DCD,

thanks for the directions but unforatunately did not have the time to pop by the shops. Will try again when there next time.

thanks,

Rainer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts