GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to replace the unsightly silver zinc plated bolts that came with my Top Secret diffuser and Autoselect canards.

Looking at 'Pro-bolt.co.uk', so will the aluminum bolts cope with high speed forces?

·
Registered
346 Posts
They are not as strong but for non structural use in the sizes you will be looking at for diffusers and canards they will be fine. Personally not sure they are worth the extra costs over steel bolts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Why not use stainless if its non load baring?
:)
bob

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,189 Posts
Want to replace the unsightly silver zinc plated bolts that came with my Top Secret diffuser and Autoselect canards.

Looking at 'Pro-bolt.co.uk', so will the aluminum bolts cope with high speed forces?
In the bike world there was a rule of thumb for lightweight bolts.

Load-bearing bolts need titanium and non-load bearing can be aluminium.

Of just buy stainless as others have said.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reason: nothing other than not liking the shiny finish of the s/s bolt on carbon fibre canards and diffuser, it was last pointed out to me when l put pics up that it looked shit to put it bluntly.. Lol

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
If you use aluminium on a diffuser, being a very exposed area to crud they'll probably corrode in the threads & when you try to remove after a few years of road use you risk rounding off the hex heads. Stainless is OK. I've used a lot of titanium from them, but on bikes. Good quality stuff.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Okay kinder looks like titanium, now the question is, will titanium react with mild steel/s-steel as l will be adding some rivnuts to my bumper?

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Okay kinder looks like titanium, now the question is, will titanium react with mild steel/s-steel as l will be adding some rivnuts to my bumper?
Might as well use stainless steel rivnuts and put anti-seize paste on the threads. Proper job then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts