GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My rear diff and subframe bushings were getting tired on my r32 GTR, so I put in aluminum bushings. Now I can hear a quick/single clonk from the rear diff. I wanted to know if its normal. It's kinda bothering me, I've been telling myself its normal but I'm no sure if it is. I'm pretty sure the diff is stock, I am running Motul 90Pa Diff Oil.

Thanks
Mitch

·
Registered
353 Posts
i had solid bushes on my gtst 33 and yes there was a clonk always but run fine no problems , as long as you cant hear whining noise your in the green
hope this helps oh by the way there will be little noise coming at all times due to solid bushes but thats normal dont forget rubber absorbs vibration and metal itself creates it :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
just to re-open this thread i have just fitted polybushes on my rear subframe on my 32gtr now
when i let the clutch out during changing gear there is a knock from what seems to be the diff everytime i change gear... i never had this before... the car runs okay but the knock is disconcerting i have to travel across europe next week and i'm rather worried

do other people with poly bushes have a similar knock ....man it sounds like the prop is loose ...:nervous:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts