GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Was just watching top gear in the staff room and they had the porsche carrera gt on. They said it would do 0-60 in 3.9 seconds.

The GTR does it in how much, 3.5? I have heard mixed times from all over from 3.3 all the way to 4? What is the real time?

Is the GTR really faster to 60 than the porsche carrera gt?

Shaun

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi everyone,

Was just watching top gear in the staff room and they had the porsche carrera gt on. They said it would do 0-60 in 3.9 seconds.

The GTR does it in how much, 3.5? I have heard mixed times from all over from 3.3 all the way to 4? What is the real time?

Shaun
probably true, its traction off the line may hamper its 0-60. but from then on the gtr would disappear backwards quickly ( well in a straight line fight )
0-125 mph is 9.9 for CGT and about 13.2 for gtr

Book figure 0-60 for gtr is 3.5 but figures of 3.3 have been reported, i did a quick non launch control 0-60 (roughly with stop watch and car speedo so very rough) and it was about 4.2 not tried launch control yet.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Check out the other link on EVO Sept mag!

Hi everyone,

Shaun
Check out the other thread on the EVO Sept magazine article - GTR against the Veyron!!! :chuckle:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
This months EVO has V box acceleration figures:

0 to 60 - 3.9 (a tad slow by most plundits tests)
0 - 100 - 8.4

A Cobb AP remap and a Y pipe should see those down to 3.3ish and 7.6ish!!

D

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I used my VBOX yesterday and just by flooring it, no launch control, it did 3.2s to 60 and 7.6s to 100mph on a slightly uphill stretch!

Milltek Y-pipe, Cobb Stage 1, 547 dyno-verified horses, £1150.
Bargain!

Will try to measure a 1/4 mile, then it's time to load Stage 2...

·
Registered
668 Posts
I used my VBOX yesterday and just by flooring it, no launch control, it did 3.2s to 60 and 7.5s to 100mph on a slightly uphill stretch!

Bargain!

Sounds good.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I used my VBOX yesterday and just by flooring it, no launch control, it did 3.2s to 60 and 7.6s to 100mph on a slightly uphill stretch!

Bargain!

Damn - that is fast and you are correct in saying very good value!

Any chance of the stats running the std map for a direct comparison?

I reckon Stage 2 won't make any significant difference in the numbers - perhaps 3.1s to 60 and 7.4s to 100mph - as its a "free" upgrade with the AP, we can't complain! :thumbsup:

D

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
3.3 to 3.5 is possible with the cobb on......3.5 with the stock car...never,mine did do around 4 sek completly stock (0-100km/h,not 0-60miles):wavey:

·
Registered
872 Posts
3.3 to 3.5 is possible with the cobb on......3.5 with the stock car...never,mine did do around 4 sek completly stock (0-100km/h,not 0-60miles):wavey:
Well Guinness are usually very strict about measuring things themselves and they say it does 3.5.... Are you driving in Auto?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very impressive David!Great value for money there!:thumbsup:

Well Guinness are usually very strict about measuring things themselves and they say it does 3.5.... Are you driving in Auto?
Why did Guinness get involved? I would imagine that 3.5 is "easily" done in the GTR then?

·
Registered
872 Posts
According to a Nissan Press Release the R35 is now listed in the Guinness World Records as the world's fastest 4-seater production car.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
According to a Nissan Press Release the R35 is now listed in the Guinness World Records as the world's fastest 4-seater production car.
WOW! ok I did not know that!

Fastest as in acceleration I am assuming and not top speed? Something like the Bentley Flying Spur which is a 5 seater I guess takes 4.9 to 60mph but has a higher top speed.

Then again what other 4 seater cars are there out there for the GTR to be compared to. Are there any 4 seater Astons or ferraris out there....

·
Registered
872 Posts
WOW! ok I did not know that!

Fastest as in acceleration I am assuming and not top speed? Something like the Bentley Flying Spur which is a 5 seater I guess takes 4.9 to 60mph but has a higher top speed.

Then again what other 4 seater cars are there out there for the GTR to be compared to. Are there any 4 seater Astons or ferraris out there....
On the GWR certificate it said 0-100kph in 3.5 seconds at the Nurburgring. I think the date was April 2009.....

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
int know why the GTR is listed as a 4 seater....mine is a 2+2 seater id say.....the backseats can only be used by small children ;)

·
Registered
938 Posts
On the GWR certificate it said 0-100kph in 3.5 seconds at the Nurburgring. I think the date was April 2009.....
that's interesting as of course 0-100kph is roughly 0-62mph and would probably mean 0-60 around 3.4
More interesting would be the 30-70 time which the American roadtest that measured 3.3 0-60 gave as 3.0 seconds.
As I understand it EVO tests are all done with one passenger and plenty of fuel on board hence the possible discrepancy that makes the GT-R look slower when they tested it compared to other tests.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts