GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I Doing Something Wrong............Read many threads here and it appears people are getting 26 MPG!!! Lent my GTR to a pal to go to the German GP last weekend, the best he got from the car was 21 MPG on a long stint at 75 MPH. In everyday usage I get 18 MPG and very dirty exhaust pipes!! Would a cobb thingy help??

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
It would help take your mind off MPG, that's for sure..... :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
My JDM reports in metric:

abt 10km/l on highways

abt 6km/l if I potter around in traffic jams.

abt 3km/l at the tracks or when the cops aren't looking

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Am I Doing Something Wrong............Read many threads here and it appears people are getting 26 MPG!!! Lent my GTR to a pal to go to the German GP last weekend, the best he got from the car was 21 MPG on a long stint at 75 MPH. In everyday usage I get 18 MPG and very dirty exhaust pipes!! Would a cobb thingy help??
Maybe he drove there and back in 4th gear.:chuckle:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Mmmmmmm,

Germany - Long Stint and Autobahns, 75 MPH my behind, there lies your answer to your fuel consumption worries...........

Very trusting of you to be honest.

All cars run rich for safety reasons which is as you correctly pointed out why you have dirty exhaust pipes.

I am sure Ben from GTC will correct me if i am wrong but even with a COBB AP it will still be running slightly rich (Not as bad as straight from the manufacturer though) but again this is intentional purely for safety reasons.

You don't get the COBB if you are worried about fuel consumption - not that it makes it any "worse" in any way, just that the thrill of the extra oooommpphhh will have you "playing" a hell of a lot more.

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
243 Posts
I am just back from a 900 mile round trip
i was getting 26-29 mpg sitting steady on the motorway
apart from on the M6 toll where i think it went to single figures :chuckle:

·
Registered
872 Posts
6,665 miles and 20.3mpg overall, including 11 laps of the 'ring and a driver training day at Millbrook

(Captain Slow!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts