GTR Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
A90 Supra looks freaking amazing to my eye.
You need to go see an eye doctor if you think that new Supra looks good :chuckle: Just f*cking with you man. I am not a huge Toyota follower, but the Mk IV is probably the sexiest of the lot, following the Mk III. The new one is just ruined by BMW and looks butt ugly. The rear looks good, but the features are "squeezed out" of the body. I don't care about the specs and power of it, I want a Japanese car. Not a German rebadged car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You need to go see an eye doctor if you think that new Supra looks good :chuckle: Just f*cking with you man. I am not a huge Toyota follower, but the Mk IV is probably the sexiest of the lot, following the Mk III. The new one is just ruined by BMW and looks butt ugly. The rear looks good, but the features are "squeezed out" of the body. I don't care about the specs and power of it, I want a Japanese car. Not a German rebadged car.

I get what you're saying, but without BMW there would not be a new Supra.
In my honest opinion, if it would have been called FT-1 just like the concept one, people would like it more.

For me the only bad thing about it is the no manual optio. I like automatics, but they take some of the driving feeling away from me, no matter how fast the change is or how easy it is to drive.

I see a lot of potential in the A90. Keen to see what people start doing with them!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Oh, definitely agree with you there. I think they'd be better off not having revived it until they have had the resources and money to do so. The FT-1 concept looked a lot better than what we ended up with. It's just a pathetic car, the new Supra. And like you said, they should have at least made it in manual. The BMW roots are so deep with the car, especially since it's made in Austria.

I'm just happy that they at least revived the Supra name. Would I buy the new Supra personally? No, because I hate new cars. The Mk IV though, that's a different story ;)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Oh, definitely agree with you there. I think they'd be better off not having revived it until they have had the resources and money to do so. The FT-1 concept looked a lot better than what we ended up with. It's just a pathetic car, the new Supra. And like you said, they should have at least made it in manual. The BMW roots are so deep with the car, especially since it's made in Austria.

I'm just happy that they at least revived the Supra name. Would I buy the new Supra personally? No, because I hate new cars. The Mk IV though, that's a different story ;)
The new supra is fugly.

Old supra :smokin:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I remember thinking the Mark IV was pretty ugly compared to the 300ZX, RX7 and NSX. Now there are far uglier cars on the road but IMO it's still not the most attractive looking thing around. The new Supra looks like a BRZ rear-ended an RX8 but it's probably nice to drive.

I don't really understand why people say "the new Supra is a BMW" as if that's a bad thing. I completely agree that it needs a manual option though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The MKVI Supra had a Lotus chassis a believe. But, I think the issue with the new one is the lack of Toyota engineer with major components. Honestly 90% of the car is BMW.

I wish that Toyota based it off the LFA. The NSX and GTR are close to a true supercar title; it would be nice that another beloved Japanese muscle car was up there as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Did Lotus really have something to do with the Mark IV? It has that average overboosted, vague Camry steering and they're not exactly famous for their ability to do anything but go really fast in a straight line and not break.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Lotus and Toyota do have some ties, so I would not be surprised if Lotus helped with the handling of the old Supra. Do agree that a lot of the Supras are being built to go in a straight line and really rare to hear about a Supra that is made for the overall driving experience and not huge numbers to show off.

I know that Toyota supplied the engines for the Elise and Exige models, the 2GRFE V6. I used to own a 2007 Camry with that engine and it was a beast. I smoked so many newer model Mercedes, Audis, and BMWs with that car. Still fast by today's standards.

The new cars are so bad I haven't had a car I'd want to own since the production year 2012 with the Lamborghini Gallardo Balboni Edition. After that I've been less inclined with newer cars as they all look the same, have the same sort of engines, have only automatic transmission, too much electronics, and all look the same.

I saw a Mercedes, a new model SUV, that looked like a Korean car. I swear, if you took off the badges of most new cars you would not be able to tell what make it is. And now you have Ferrari releasing their new ugly super car that looks like a Camaro from the back and a hybrid power-plant. Enzo Ferrari must be spinning in his grave because of the stupidity car manufacturers are creating.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lotus and Toyota do have some ties, so I would not be surprised if Lotus helped with the handling of the old Supra. Do agree that a lot of the Supras are being built to go in a straight line and really rare to hear about a Supra that is made for the overall driving experience and not huge numbers to show off.

I know that Toyota supplied the engines for the Elise and Exige models, the 2GRFE V6. I used to own a 2007 Camry with that engine and it was a beast. I smoked so many newer model Mercedes, Audis, and BMWs with that car. Still fast by today's standards.

The new cars are so bad I haven't had a car I'd want to own since the production year 2012 with the Lamborghini Gallardo Balboni Edition. After that I've been less inclined with newer cars as they all look the same, have the same sort of engines, have only automatic transmission, too much electronics, and all look the same.

I saw a Mercedes, a new model SUV, that looked like a Korean car. I swear, if you took off the badges of most new cars you would not be able to tell what make it is. And now you have Ferrari releasing their new ugly super car that looks like a Camaro from the back and a hybrid power-plant. Enzo Ferrari must be spinning in his grave because of the stupidity car manufacturers are creating.

Speaking of looking the same, the 2020 Corvette. IMO it looks like, pick a Ferrari/Mclaren.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
The 2020 Corvette does not look like an American car anymore. The performance though, for $60,000 USD is amazing and is really kicking the nuts of ev car companies.

You mentioned McLarens. I never understood the hype with them. (Please UK members, don***8217;t hate me for this) I always thought they looked hideous, and I have seen many of them in person including the 720 (Probably the ugliest of the lot). I actually like one design cue of theirs and it was how they made their headlights shaped like their logo. McLaren***8217;s speed and overall agility round the bends and corners of a race track are incredible no doubt!

Ferraris have gone downhill in my opinion. I remember when the 458 came out and how disappointed I was to find out it had no manual. The exterior looked cheap too in my opinion with too much plastic up front. The F430 was probably the last good looking Ferrari along with the gorgeous and exhilarating Enzo. Just my opinion.

edit: I was wrong. The 720 is the second ugliest. The ugliest has to be the Senna model. What a travesty that car is. Feel really bad for Senna that his name has to be associated with such an ugly machine.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Oh my goodness. I just saw 2 of the newer BMW models at the same time today. God almighty, what is going on with the world? How stupid have people become to buy these sorts of sh*t on wheels? The new BMW 3 series is just absolutely hideous. Jesus Christ, please shine the light and bring us back to the better age with sexy E46s that completely took a kid's attention while on the road. Now the new BMWs have those fake kidney grilles with M badges littered everywhere like little turds.

Good times:

Tell me what is this? If you took of the badges you would think it's some sort of Kia or Hyundai. Crap:

Those X series were a disaster when they first came out. I used to think the X3 was the ugliest SUV (nothing sporty about an SUV) but the X7 takes the award. Tell me that I am not the only one that thinks it looks absolutely hideous. Looks uglier than those new Land/Range Rovers that are on the road now. Driven by soccer moms nationwide with 12+ cupholders. The world is becoming more and more pussified by the years.

What in the name of all that is holy is this big turd?:

It seems most of the newer cars are geared to women and men who have their testes locked in their wive's purse. The door handles are a prime example. Looks like a preschooler's gigantic door handle mainly do women do not break their long nails. Vanity mirrors on sun visors? Same thing, I never used mine and had them removed when I redid my whole interior. I don't care about new cars 0-60 time or acceleration. You could get a 25 year old car and make it faster than any new car on the road with a little bit of money, okay maybe a bit more money.

Look at this absolute master piece:

And look at its successor:

We're going backwards. I know the designs are getting crappier because of the safety and the recycling metal agenda pushed by the leftists and brainwashed consumers. People have no more pride in their vehicles, I mean look around you. 2 year old cars with dings, scratches, and trash inside. All because of a badge or a good deal. Unbelievable, truly saddening of what the world is coming to.

I'm most likely younger than most of you older folks here, but you know it's bad when someone young as me has not had a favorite new car model since 2012 with the Gallardo Balboni. 7 years and no car has caught my attention or gave me the fizzy feeling James May could tell you about. I will never buy a car built after 2010 to be honest. Just too much wiring, gizmos, etc and you don't really see any of the newer cars built after 2010 on the road since they've all been scrapped or given up on due to the complexities they have. Never buying a new car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Everyone loves new cars, Less pollution, Better for the environment it would be better to use only electronics cars, which reduce harmful air pollution from exhaust emissions n btw Thanks to Elon Musk ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Look at this absolute master piece:

Yes, with japanese badged BBS LM :rotz:

But in the end, I'm with G-Zilla. F**king electronical overkill in these new motor coaches. If there is a cold soldered point anywhere, the whole car stucks. Now try to find the fault and repair it. No chance anyway, swap all those stupid ecu's and hope to find the right one.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Yes, with japanese badged BBS LM :rotz:

But in the end, I'm with G-Zilla. F**king electronical overkill in these new motor coaches. If there is a cold soldered point anywhere, the whole car stucks. Now try to find the fault and repair it. No chance anyway, swap all those stupid ecu's and hope to find the right one.
I whole heatedly agree with you. Car manufacturers used to make so much money by selling cars back in the day, but the past decade and a half they started making everything more complicated for 2 main reasons.:

1. They would be hard and complicated to work on, so we would have to head to the dealer's service and have them repaired. More money for them.

2. California's (or rather commiefornia) strict emission laws set by the CARB and push for a leftist agenda sided with crazy environmentalist nuts. President Trump is taking the state of California and CARB to court due to them not being allowed to set emission standards. That is what the EPA is for. You can't even import any car into California without paying $10,000-$15,000 USD to have it converted to California's emission standards. More money for the state to pay for the welfare of the folks who elect the left politicians. Nissan, Subaru, Chrysler, GM, Toyota, Mazda, Kia, Fiat are supporting Trump, as well as the National Automobile Dealers Association. I really hope they kick California's ass into the ground. The car scene there is already a joke compared to the states that have no emission standards. Sorry for my rant, I got ahead of myself. :chuckle:

After looking at that picture of the E39, I really want one again. Family used to own one and was a beast until the electronics started failing. I would swap an LS motor into it and the problems should be fixed. I'm a hell of a lot younger than most members here, and I don't get any excitement of new cars at all. I used to get excited of new cars back in the early 2000s to about 2011 when the Gallardo Balboni was released (still get excited when I see these treats from the time period). That was probably my last favorite car. Almost a decade has passed and still no car I have looked forward to seeing. Drove a new 2019 SS Camaro with the V8. Didn't like it even though it is considered a "God" and aimed at younger people. I like the C6 Corvette a lot more. Less electronics, less bull shit, more driver orientation.

Everyone loves new cars, Less pollution, Better for the environment it would be better to use only electronics cars, which reduce harmful air pollution from exhaust emissions n btw Thanks to Elon Musk ;)
The irony of posting that on a GTR forum. Go do some research on them, they aren't as "green" as you they claim to be. In fact, if pollution is a huge concern for you, they produce a lot more while being manufactured than a petrol powered car ever does during its life. I guess the group of people who agree with me and myself are not "everyone."

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's a travesty.

Those Bentley's too. What happened to the headlights, are they from Maplin. It's just a fat expensive turd.

Those massive grilles on the new BMW are are fallout from the bloody Chinese market.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts