GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
With all due respect Scooby, I don't think anyone would buy a Ferrari for its 5 star safety. Second off, just because a car is "safer" doesn't mean that you will be immune to crashes. There was a video online surfacing of a 12 year old GTR that crashed into a brand new Tesla SUV (five star safety rating) and it seemed the 12 year old car (which is deemed unsafe by many since it's old) had less damage than the new Tesla that was ripped apart into two pieces. I'd go as far to say that a late 90s to early 2000s car (like the E39) is just as safe as the newer loafs of bread we have on the road. You could even go as far as putting in a roll cage into an old car if you feel unsafe. Now, I don't want to jinx myself, but I think the safety rating is a just a selling point to families who have children unfortunately. And nowadays, many of the men become very soft when they marry a woman and listen to their needs as well, so we end up with men driving crossovers, SUVs, or minivans just to score the p*ssy at night (sorry married guys). Being aware of your surroundings, not fiddling around with the gigantic ipad in the center console, not allowing women to lean over to talk to children in the back or their friends, those are ways to prevent everyday car crashes that occur. And I don't care if the pedestrian has to be safe, which leads to a flat front end design. Pedestrians have to understand the rules of the road.

I feel that new cars are actually dangerous compared to older cars. The electronic nannies that brake for you or make annoying noises while driving aggressively can lead to accidents.

·
Administrator
31,408 Posts
Lol. I saw an AMG GT that had rolled 8 times at the Nürburgring and the occupants both walked away. Im Pretty sure they appreciated the innovation that enables that and would argue had they been in anything built in the 90’s or even noighties they’d both be dead.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Like this old 90s E39?

Or this old Evo 8 that fell of a tall height?

Either way, it's all about being aware of the surroundings and not necessarily about the five star rating. If you're worried about safety ratings then that must be very boring to live in a safety bubble.

I just looked up that car, I thought you were talking about a hatchback Mercedes. Eww, it looks like an egg shaped SLS. That thing looks very disgusting, sort of like a CLA coupe.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
You are dilluded if you truly believe an old car will have the same safety as a newer car.

As for living in a bubble for the record I own a 206 mph 1989 Sierra cosworth rwd, but an everyday car to ferry my kids about in I will always buy the safest option

Cars are far safer today than they were years ago, it's not an opinion it's just a fact.
When it was all 90s cars it wouldn't of been so bad
But new cars against old cars the old cars absorb nearly all the impact, like this

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Lol. I saw an AMG GT that had rolled 8 times at the Nürburgring and the occupants both walked away. Im Pretty sure they appreciated the innovation that enables that and would argue had they been in anything built in the 90’s or even noighties they’d both be dead.
You are spot on mook, il stick to keeping my family safe :cool:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
You are dilluded if you truly believe an old car will have the same safety as a newer car.
I guess I am. There's definitely not any safe older vehicles.

Either way, it's driver awareness. There's many unsafe older vehicles out there that have not been in accidents. I believe it is avoidable with being aware of the surroundings and judgement and not just vehicle safety. Roll cages can make older cars safer if you desire.

·
Administrator
31,408 Posts
A roll cage is not a crumple zone. You type like some sort of motoring Incel sometimes. modern cars are better in almost every way than old cars and you only need to have driven a few to realise that.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
A roll cage is not a crumple zone. You type like some sort of motoring Incel sometimes. modern cars are better in almost every way than old cars and you only need to have driven a few to realise that.

I did add a video trying to show him what I meant but I think it's fallen on deaf ears mate ? lol

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So I’m an incel now? Mooki, you sound like an angry married man who’s trying support the ball and chain life. It’s not my fault you guys decided to get married and are stuck with the same item on the menu ?

Y’all ignored my videos of old cars being safe. Tell me how many 10 year old cars you see on the road. Not many. You see more 30 year old cars on the road. Driven many new cars, they all feel the same and suck. That’s why car reviewers are vanishing.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
This is my most powerful no driver aids car now this thing is a serious old school beast

Won't be a daily driver though once it's home from the tuner lol

·
Administrator
31,408 Posts
Lol. I sold me WIFES Skyline last year because i was bored of it. She didn’t want to sell. I didn’t say you were an Incel but your approach to modern vehicles carries more opinion than logic.
unless I’m mistaken, you drive a G35 Skyline, which, by Skyline standards, is a modern car.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
So I’m an incel now? Mooki, you sound like an angry married man who’s trying support the ball and chain life. It’s not my fault you guys decided to get married and are stuck with the same item on the menu ?

Y’all ignored my videos of old cars being safe. Tell me how many 10 year old cars you see on the road. Not many. You see more 30 year old cars on the road. Driven many new cars, they all feel the same and suck. That’s why car reviewers are vanishing.

I didn't ignore what you said, I posted a video above of a 1990 car crashing into a newer car in controlled conditions, old car driver dead, new car driver alive, plus an even older car if you go back and watch it

You cannot just watch random videos of cars rolling it tells you nothing, my videos illustrates the point being made to you about facts of crashing old Vs new cars into each other

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I didn't ignore what you said, I posted a video above of a 1990 car crashing into a newer car in controlled conditions, old car driver dead, new car driver alive, plus an even older car if you go back and watch it

You cannot just watch random videos of cars rolling it tells you nothing, my videos illustrates the point being made to you about facts of crashing old Vs new cars into each other
I’ll be genuinely honest I did not see the video until you mentioned it right now. I did not even see it before. I saw the clip of the Impala before. Still avoidable with self awareness and healthy well being. Regarding random videos, wouldn’t real life examples like the ones I posted be better than controlled environments where the crashes seem blatantly avoidable? They also didn’t show an E39 from 1997.

Nice Sierra Cosworth by the way!?

And @Mookistar It’s the G37, so it’s even newer. Almost similar body feel to an E39. 11 years old.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I’ll be genuinely honest I did not see the video until you mentioned it right now. I did not even see it before. I saw the clip of the Impala before. Still avoidable with self awareness and healthy well being. Regarding random videos, wouldn’t real life examples like the ones I posted be better than controlled environments where the crashes seem blatantly avoidable? They also didn’t show an E39 from 1997.

Nice Sierra Cosworth by the way!?

And @Mookistar It’s the G37, so it’s even newer. Almost similar body feel to an E39. 11 years old.

The crash is avoidable on our part ie we concentrate and dont crash into anybody, but the issue is all the idiots that are out on the road that don't and they will all tend to be in newish cars

I love my old cars, I've got a 1959 Humber hawk with a 454 Chevy In it you will love this
I wanted a 55 Chevy like in 2 lane blacktop but I found this right hand drive instead

I absolutely love old cars as much as you do I'm sure, but I can tell you from owning both RS6, gtrs they are truly awesome the new cars in everyway, but they are detached from the driving experience hence I have some old ones aswell, 700 hp in my RS6 it is effortless to drive, stupidly fast 0-100 mph 7.5 seconds, excellent brakes and alot safer than any of my old cars

Once you have children you will understand, I still have all my toys in my man cave, but when my young children want to go for a spirited drive with dad it will always be in my RS6 or my Merc daily hence these hot SUVs fit that bill perfectly due to 7 seats, got 4th on the way hence needing a 7 seater now

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Unfortunately in America that is not the case. It’s a throw away society, much more different than Europe or other parts of the world. Anything past 8 years old is considered as “old.”

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Modern as in technology. Itll be overweight. Have lots of airbags etc etc. Why don’t you drive something older?
Does that mean a Peugeot 406, Nissan Skyline R34, and BMW E39 considered modern?

I put too much money into the car. I want to swap in a VK56VD V8 into it later down the road. Car doesn’t have as much electronics as the newer cars, since the generation started in late 2006 while hardly any changes were made with the newer models. Looking at E34 M5s as well.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
The crash is avoidable on our part ie we concentrate and dont crash into anybody, but the issue is all the idiots that are out on the road that don't and they will all tend to be in newish cars

I love my old cars, I've got a 1959 Humber hawk with a 454 Chevy In it you will love this
I wanted a 55 Chevy like in 2 lane blacktop but I found this right hand drive instead

I absolutely love old cars as much as you do I'm sure, but I can tell you from owning both RS6, gtrs they are truly awesome the new cars in everyway, but they are detached from the driving experience hence I have some old ones aswell, 700 hp in my RS6 it is effortless to drive, stupidly fast 0-100 mph 7.5 seconds, excellent brakes and alot safer than any of my old cars

Once you have children you will understand, I still have all my toys in my man cave, but when my young children want to go for a spirited drive with dad it will always be in my RS6 or my Merc daily hence these hot SUVs fit that bill perfectly due to 7 seats, got 4th on the way hence needing a 7 seater now
That looks really cool!

The things that make the new modern cars faster than the predecessors is only by use of more technology. What do we get with more technology? More problems. And that is why we see so many 10-15 year old cars in junkyards, at least here in the US, that are waiting to be scrapped and recycled into a new Kia or VW. I've been in new cars that are quick, but it isn't something I'd want to own since they are all detached like you said. I'm good with a powerful engine, 3 pedals, and a steering wheel. I do not understand for the life of me why people want screens, remote FOBs, cupholders.

I will say the only benefits I see with technological improvements is that there is more modifications you could do to older cars to make them faster than newer cars.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
That looks really cool!

The things that make the new modern cars faster than the predecessors is only by use of more technology. What do we get with more technology? More problems. And that is why we see so many 10-15 year old cars in junkyards, at least here in the US, that are waiting to be scrapped and recycled into a new Kia or VW. I've been in new cars that are quick, but it isn't something I'd want to own since they are all detached like you said. I'm good with a powerful engine, 3 pedals, and a steering wheel. I do not understand for the life of me why people want screens, remote FOBs, cupholders.

I will say the only benefits I see with technological improvements is that there is more modifications you could do to older cars to make them faster than newer cars.

I've only just noticed your own car is 11 years old, by your argument your own car is to heavy and full of technology as a 2009 car !

You want something like my cosworth 1988 710 hp currently, 1205 kg car, lightweight, big power, rwd and no driver aids, your own car doesn't even fit your analogy of what your saying is a great car

My RS6 is only a 2014 car which is not much newer than yours, so your own car is a modern shitbox then is that what your saying ?

41 - 60 of 70 Posts