GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i had a text from a friend who owns an R33 GTR, now i know this person fairly well and dont believe she is a member on here, but today she sent me an picture text showing soposedly her Road angel in her GTR in dicating 192mph!!!. Now i know the spec of her skyline is not paticulary special, basic stage 1 mods to be exact ie exhaust, decat and filter and its just recently had a service at GT Art which they found it was massively overfuelling which was sorted. So to my amazement when i saw this pic with her boasting this is how fast they got out of it at the weekend. Of corse we all know this is a rediculous speed to travel at on any public road and no doubt some of you will crusify her for claiming to have even attempted that kind of speed, but my main argument with her was the fact i always thought that the gearing was not designed for the car to go that fast without uprating it or the ratios at least and that a crazy amount of BHP was needed also to get to that figure???? So am i wrong or am i right and feel free to slate this persons actions! Basically is she bullshitting!!!!

·
R35 Section manager
11,050 Posts
I would be amazed and willing to bet £50,that she did not get 192 mph from a stage 1 Gtr.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
TREG said:
I would be amazed and willing to bet £50,that she did not get 192 mph from a stage 1 Gtr.
So would i.. but isnt 'Road angel' GPS true speed?

I'm not sure to be honest, my Sat Nav is pretty good... GTR speedo says 60, Sat Nav says 57... does Road Angel use same GPS technique?

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I can tell you what i have done in my car which is stage 1, and that is a very easy 170mph on the speedo, if i had more road i believe that i could have very easily got to 180 as the car was still excellerating. However i was doing a GPS verified 157mph so my speedo was out by 17mph.
So on that principle i would find it very hard to believe, as she would have had to be going well in excess of 210mph on her speedo.
Now if you take a GTR speedo 4000rpm is generally fairly close to 100mph so she would have had to have been over 8000rpm in 5th gear. The standard turbo`s are also fairly small and dont have alot of puff left when you hit 5th gear,140 - 150mph and its all over im afraid, so to do 210 is quite frankly absolutely impossible.
Sounds like a bit of photo shop on her computer probably.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for replies guys well the pic i recieved was on my phone and the all you clearly see was 192 , the mph or km symbols were not clear enough but i always thought to myself that a stage 1 GTR would never get to that speed with only stage 1 mods etc coz if they did we would never bother with having to fork out the equivalent of what we pay for the cars in mods to get them to what we all class as high performance these days! Just wanna point her here to this thread and see if shes willing to argue the case with fellow clued up GTR owners lol

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
119 is quite impressive, For a GIRL :D

[Only Joking Ladies..]

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Alex j B said:
I think Fuggles only(!!) got about 184 with his spec, which is slightly more than stage 1.

Alex B
Yes just "slightly"..

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Alex j B said:
I think Fuggles only(!!) got about 184 with his spec, which is slightly more than stage 1.

Alex B
John's car has had more surgery than Michael Jackson :chuckle: Only he could tell you the spec, but at last years Bruntingthorpe, he was off the clock on the straight! :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1:

Claire
:)

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
GTRSTILL said:
I hope that this was either on a private race track or in Turkey or Germany....
Private race track mate....Brunters! :thumbsup:
:)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
189.8 mph on a 1.25 mile straight in 2005
179.9 mph on a 1 mile straight in 2006
- both from a standing start.

There is nothing wrong with driving fast, as long as it's done in a safe environment and not on the public roads and is done so by a competent driver in a suitable vehicle :)

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
I have had an indicated 257mph on my Road Angel Navigator.
That was in an underground carpark, I was reversing into a space and spotted it :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts