GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm pleased to inform you that after nearly one year development, the first sample of Amalgam's "an incredibly detailed 1/8 Scale Replica" of the Nissan GT-R has just been completed.
It is 199 limited edition.

UK RRP for Standard Version: £ 2,950 (inc. 15% VAT)
JPN RRP for Standard Version: 398,900 Yen

UK RRP for Personalised Program: £ 3,595 (inc. 15% VAT)
JPN RRP for Personalised Program: 498,000 Yen

I hope you like the quality.
Thank you Simon, Ben and Amalgam team for your cooperation.

Link: Amalgam Fine Model Cars
Link: Zele International, Amalgam Authorized Distributor

·
Registered
968 Posts
Wow, that's amazing!!! Sadly my wife will shoot me at the spot for only thinking about it.....

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
That is truely incredible, but unfotunately there is no way I can justify owning a model car that is worth more than my actual car :p (see cars owned :()

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Hi Shin, very long time no speak!
You are an absolute rotter for posting that. I know Amalgam and was going to get them to do an exact replica of my F430 Spider, but luckily sold my car and lost interest.

And now you post this... :chairshot :p

·
Registered
297 Posts
cracking detail but sadly that price is inline with anything nissan related and is OTT. Too bad as i would of snapped one up otherwise.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
These things are amazing though. Nearly 2 feet long and almost as detailed as the real thing.

One very real issue for me, apart from the huge cost, would be where to display the thing!

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
One minor thing I've noticed is that both this Amalgam model and the 1:10 Tamiya RC one I've got (but not built yet!) feature silver exhaust surrounds.

Was that ever an option? I've never seen a real one with them.
Just strange that two meticulously researched models feature them...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts