GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share some of the images I took last weekend at the Spa 24hr race (sorry for the Iphone quality).

I was lucky enough to be invited to support a friend’s Mosler and see the Nissan GTR GT1 in action, what a weekend! :D Every time I go back there I’m more impressed with the place and I think it probably pips the Ring 24hr as an event.

I got a chance to have a good look at the GTR and it is a work of art, Nissan/Nismo were there with an amazing race transporter, hospitality and their whole presences was very classy and professional :)

There were GTR’s everywhere with Nissan Belgium organising some laps of the circuit on Saturday morning.

I had a good chat with the GTR race driver’s before the race and they were really excited about the cars chances.

The GTR started in 8th was in 5th place overall when went to back to our bed. In the morning I had a spoke with Simon Croft from Nissan Europe who told me they’d lost time overnight with a misfire but were back running again. They fought back up to 3rd in Class and 13th overall. :thumbsup:

Considering the race proven competition from Maseratti, Corvette and Porsche I thought the relatively new GTR did exceptionally well for its first 24hr race. It sounded amazing and looked really composed going up through Eau Rouge.

Our friend’s Mosler MT900R didn’t have much luck unfortunately. When the rain really came down hard one of the Ford GTs aquaplaned into the rear of the car sending it spinning off the circuit and out of the race :( Jacques Villeneuve was driving at the time and we were closing in on the class leading Audi. Still that’s racing

We even shared the Eurotunnel with a delighted GTR owner who was coming back from a blast in the South of France. :)

Roll on Zolder which is AST’s home circuit so it might be a good excuse for another road trip. ;)

A few more images:
Possibly the coolest car there??

It’s not often you get to have lunch with one of your heros

1st pitstop for the Mosler

Regards

Iain
Litchfield Imports

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Looks like you guys had a great time, we went to see the gtr race at Silverstone this year and was disapointed that it didnt finish, but good see its getting more competitive.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
A few more images:
Possibly the coolest car there??

I had one of those Datsun 100A paid £50 for it, set the interior on fire while welding the sill because someone had filled it with news paper and filler.

They look Ok but rust to hell, even the suspension arms used to fail the MOT due to holes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts