GTR Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
No the MINI is not tight inside, it's deceptively spacious with lots of head room. If you carry passengers in the rear, then you do need to move your chair forward which does make it a bit cramped to drive. Your best bet is to make friends with some paraplegics, and then you'll be laughing.

If we weren't talking about the car, then the cockpit is never tight enough!

Quentin

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is one sexy GTR!!! Can't wait to see that in the flesh back home! I would suggest you get a very good alarm for it and some kind of tracking device and never leave it out of your sight! :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks again everyone.

nismochickie.
I'm going to be back in Auckland in three weeks for a months holiday. 1. to sort out and take care of the car :) and 2. watch Americas Cup races

R U moving back for good?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Oh my oh my oh my

I have just seen this thread and what a car.
AmericanKiwi that, IMHO, is the best looking R34 I have ever set eyes on.
chrikey I might even need to get me pecker out for this one...don't worry not that bad but close.

Shin's is just the business that this is just the creme de la...

Oh my. I just keep on saying it. And all the right trick bits as well.

I must start saving for my black 34.

Oh my,

NLW

·
Registered
2 Posts
Amerikiwi said:
Thanks again everyone.

nismochickie.
I'm going to be back in Auckland in three weeks for a months holiday. 1. to sort out and take care of the car :) and 2. watch Americas Cup races

R U moving back for good?

I sure am :) . Have only been in London for 1 year (O.E and to save some £££'s). Can't wait to get home and drive my GTR, only had it for 2 weeks before I left to come over here.
Are you not moving to NZ permanently?

·
Registered
156 Posts
nismochickie said:

I sure am :) . Have only been in London for 1 year (O.E and to save some £££'s). Can't wait to get home and drive my GTR, only had it for 2 weeks before I left to come over here.
Are you not moving to NZ permanently?
Yes Iam but not until late 2003:( so now I'm the one having to wait a year
Poor little Skyline will go into storage until daddy comes home.

Good luck with your car and hope to meet up sometime.

S

·
0 Posts
Splosh!

Pictures of that car make me feel quite strange in the trouser department.

Is this normal?

;)

Rude as f*** - dont usually swear on here but sheesh that is simply stunning.

·
Registered
23 Posts
OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
that is unbeleavable
i love R34's
but that is the GREATEST i have EVER seen!!!
u lucky lucky bloke! who needs women if u got a car like that!

Matt

·
Registered
36 Posts
WORDS ARE NOT ENOUGH!

:smokin: That has to be the best in the world at present,words fail me,stunning beyond belief,my feeling towards a GTR grow stronger by the month,can i hold out,somehow i doubt it!they truly are one of the greatest performance cars on the planet,i hope it gives you tremendous pleasure,congratulations .TonyC

·
Registered
23 Posts
;)
WOW.
Excellent car. Must have cost much money and time.
Perhaps some painting would accent is power.
Congratulations.
Zdrówko

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dyno finally

Well finally got the dyno result. Not bad considering car only has 50km on it

540hp @ 7770 rpm @ 1.2 bar. I don't think they wanted to push it to 1.4 bar until the engine has a little more hours on it. It was done at "Mines" and I'm not sure if it is flywheel or at the wheels.

So. I'm happy.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wow

Those are some pretty nice numbers, regardless.

Where you hoping to be making more than that with the mods you have on the car?

But kinda off-topic, but you guys dyno the car rear wheel drive right? I had my car dyno'd a month ago, only because I moved 1,000 miles from where I grew up in Florida, and just happened to be 20 miles from an AWD dyno.

272 AWHP ------------> my car

·
Registered
156 Posts
Jon913D

No. I was told 520hp @ 1.2 bar and 560hp @ 1.4bar. So it's a little better than expected. 1.4 bar for the N1 turbos is about max.
Plus the engine is brand new so it may be better again with a few 1000 km's on the engine. The better figures are probably because the NUR's have the N1 engines. The car was tuned to run on NZ gas (98 octane)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hi Amerikiwi,

I am glad to hear the great result you got there, got a few questions:

Is there anyway you can find out whether the dyno figure is at the wheel or at the flywheel? I am very interesting to know.

The 98 octane NZ gas rating, is it straight RON or is (RON+MON)/2? (I did a quick search on the web and can't find it :( )

So Mine's was able to tune your car to the specific NZ's fuel octane rating? Or you had to have your car tune again in NZ?

Thanks ahead.

Jeff

·
Registered
156 Posts
bnr34vspec2 said:
Hi Amerikiwi,

I am glad to hear the great result you got there, got a few questions:

Is there anyway you can find out whether the dyno figure is at the wheel or at the flywheel? I am very interesting to know.

The 98 octane NZ gas rating, is it straight RON or is (RON+MON)/2? (I did a quick search on the web and can't find it :( )

So Mine's was able to tune your car to the specific NZ's fuel octane rating? Or you had to have your car tune again in NZ?

Thanks ahead.

Jeff
Hi Jeff.
I did find out and it is 540hp @1.2 bar at the flywheel. So would be 560+ @ 1.4 bar. It is recommended for my setup not to go past 1.4 bar BUT it is possible.

The fuel in NZ is BP Ultimate or Mobil Synergy 8000.
""BP and Mobil are now both marketing high octane grades in New Zealand (nominally 98 RON)."

The setting was done at "Mines" and I specifically asked that it be tuned for NZ fuel.

I will use Octane booster as well. Also when I finally get to go home and drive my car I will seriously look into supercooler technology for the intercooler. I really like the system the the new Ford Lightning will use.

Ford’s patented SuperCooler technology cleverly provides a special burst of power for the SVT Lightning concept. Traditional intercoolers dissipate heat from the supercharged air by circulating coolant through a front-mounted, air-cooled radiator. With the SuperCooler system, the vehicle’s air conditioning system is used to chill a small storage tank of coolant to about 30 degrees Fahrenheit.

On demand, the SuperCooler system switches the intercooler flow from its normal circulation and dumps the chilled coolant into the engine’s intercooler. In turn, the intercooler dissipates up to 20 percent more heat from the charge air – resulting in a denser air charge.

A green light on the instrument panel indicates the system’s readiness. SuperCooler is activated automatically when the driver depresses the accelerator to a wide-open-throttle position.

“This technology plays directly into the hands of the enthusiast,” Coletti says. “The SuperCooler provides the edge for the driver, and it is done simply by taking advantage of the hardware that already exists in the vehicle.”

As a result of this cool technology, the SVT Lighting concept can give its driver as much as 50 transient horsepower for short bursts of 30-45 seconds and regenerate within 2 minutes under normal driving conditions. While its effect is similar to that of an aftermarket nitrous oxide system, the SuperCooler is completely self-contained, environmentally friendly and regenerative.

All the best.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hi Amerikiwi,

Thank you very much for the data on your car, I really appreciate it ;)

Thank you for sharing the supercooler technology, I haven't heard about that. Sounds very good to me, just like the article said, it is like using nitrous oxide but without having to fill up the nitrous bottle and is safe. But seems like it require quite a bit of hardware to make it work on an existing car, lots of coolant plumbing, an extra coolant tank, need an air to water IC......etc. Good luck with it and please let us know how it goes.

Take care,

Jeff

41 - 57 of 57 Posts