GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Contact Chris at Autotorque, their business is not too far away and they are traders on here so are familiar with looking at GTRs.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You would be best off speaking to svm to see what they know about it and personally I would spend another 5k or 6k and not buy an import
Did SVM import all the 08 GTRs? or is this one of their old cars?? Sorry I am a little confused..

What is really annoying me is that traders are driving up the cost of 2nd hand GTRs by buying cheap from private sellers and selling them on at an inflated premium. For example I have seen a few that sold last year and are for sale again this year with more miles for more money:(

Another example of one I went to see was up for 36k, when I got there I recognised the plate and it was killing me how I knew it. The same car was up for sale for the past few months up at Keighley Trade Ctr (Motor-hub) for a lot less.

Simply put I refuse to pay over the odds for some ones easy quick buck!! I have no problem people are able to make a quick buck they it wont be with my money!! I have enough to choose one I want but keep missing out on the good ones.

Contact Chris at Autotorque, their business is not too far away and they are traders on here so are familiar with looking at GTRs.
I will do

Caveman - Let me know if you are able to next week.

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Did SVM import all the 08 GTRs? or is this one of their old cars?? Sorry I am a little confused..

What is really annoying me is that traders are driving up the cost of 2nd hand GTRs by buying cheap from private sellers and selling them on at an inflated premium. For example I have seen a few that sold last year and are for sale again this year with more miles for more money:(

Another example of one I went to see was up for 36k, when I got there I recognised the plate and it was killing me how I knew it. The same car was up for sale for the past few months up at Keighley Trade Ctr (Motor-hub) for a lot less.

Simply put I refuse to pay over the odds for some ones easy quick buck!! I have no problem people are able to make a quick buck they it wont be with my money!! I have enough to choose one I want but keep missing out on the good ones.

I will do

Caveman - Let me know if you are able to next week.
You had a very lucky escape if somebody bought a Keighley Trade Centre car before you got to it! Their reputation is not good, have a look on the MLR site by doing a search on the Trader Discussion section of the forum :eek: Mitsubishi Lancer Register

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I live about 5 miles from Amersham. I could have a first look and give you a short informal report / opinion re the visible stuff for you to then decide if you wanted the trip down (again at your risk). Clearly I would take no responsibility thereafter. Is that enough disclaimers ;) Not sure what days they are available to look though - let me know a number by PM and I'll talk to you if you want.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts

I cannot see what is wrong with a Motor trader buying a car that someone has tried to sell privately at a lower price and then making a profit!
Anyone in the Motor Trade would not still be in the trade if they simply sold the car on at the same price but having to give a warranty and pay the VAT on the profit etc.

We must also understand that the prices of the early cars is going up because of rarity and the new car is now over 35k more to buy new. The only cars that are not increasing in value are the grey Japanese imports that continue to speak to you in Japanese and some of their instruments are in Japanese. It is certainly worth spending another 5k or so to get one of the first UK models that came out in May 2009.

If you are still interested, I have a business 3 miles from Amersham and would have a look but not be held responsible for any issues that could emanate from a purchase.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NurburgringGTR I agree that there is nothing wrong with them making a quick buck. Its business I spose... But they aint getting my money for polishing a turd!!

From my experience so far there is too much of traders buying up the cheap cars, polishing it up and selling at a premium so the cheap cars become overpriced. I am keen to go view this but the more and more I think about it I might just wait for the right one to appear... Only issue there is I am extremely impatient!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can have my stage 4 DMG 09 black edition 34k miles for £38k ;)
This is the sort of reasonably priced car I'm talking about, perfect price, good mileage and great mods. No doubt looked after.

Only problem for me is that I only want stage 1 or at the very most a 1.5. Half the fun in these things is building the mods the way you want it. I want a track monster not a straight line demon.

I'm not picky.... much :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts