GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

AMS - Absolute Motor Specialties Inc. (aka AMS Inc.) was one of the original pioneers in the Nissan performance community back in 1992 and has become well-known internationally for being one of the premier performance tuners and parts providers in the Nissan marketplace, by offering unparallelled aftermarket support and customer service that is second to none.
AMS Inc. is a proud member of the Specialty Equipment Market Assosciation (SEMA) and SEMA's Street Performance Council.

TunerLab.jp is proud to be a dealer for AMS, and we can help you with any of their products.

As a result of this success and in conjunction with the release of the Nissan GT-R, AMS expanded its operations to include service and parts for this new generation of GT-R car enthusiasts as well.

AMS Inc. has recently captured international attention from the release of their "AMS R35 GT-R Max-Slot Rotors" at the SEMA show in the USA. These direct OEM replacement rotors are 2 piece floating rotors, and feature 26 diamond slots per rotor. These rotors address the safety and reliability issues of OEM GT-R rotor with dramatically improved durability and performance.

These rotors are available for both front and rear applications.
The rings are available separately for installation on OEM hubs.
Currently these rotors (hat and disc set) are priced at $1168 USD per front or rear pair!

AMS GT-R Max Slot rotors feature:
• 2-PC 15” slotted direct OEM replacement rotors
• Aircraft billet aluminum centre hub for un-sprung weight savings and strength – OEM utilizes iron hub
• T6061 aluminum hub not only reduces weight, but improves heat dissipation.
• Approximate weight savings of nearly 1 lb per rotor! This is the equivalent of shaving approximately 16 lbs on the chassis with an added benefit of improved steering response and brake feel!
• 26 diamond slots per rotor! Slots provide for aggressive bite and superior wear properties unlike crack prone x-drilled variants!
• Diamond slots provide for improved venting vs. standard slots!
• Proprietary ductile cast formulation ensures better wear and heat dissipation characteristics than grey cast OEM rotors and competitors!
• Precisely balanced!
• AMS laser-etched logo on aluminum hats
• Hats anodized stealth black for stock appearance and added longevity
• AMS slotted disks are also available separately with OEM quality fasteners for mounting on OEM iron hats!
• 2 PC rotors are priced less than OEM units and the competitors replacement rings alone! No GTR tax applicable!
• Strict ISO 9001 manufacturing standards ensure first line product

• CRYOGENIC TREATMENT OF AMS MAX-SLOT 2-PC BRAKES and/or AMS Slotted DISKS also available! – Deep cycle computer controlled cryo freeze treatment removes and eliminates any thermal stresses in the rotor. The components structures are more uniform which dissipate heat quicker and increase durability! Used by all the major levels of motorsports from brakes to engine internals!

Conclusion: AMS rotors are reasonably priced, more durable, offer higher performance, and are lighter than OEM rotors.

We are currently selling these rotors, however stock is limited as they are literally flying off the shelves.

If you have any questions about AMS Inc. products, or would like to order a rotor set, please feel free to contact us via PM.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
What is the price for a full set, front and rear, delivered to a UK address?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the price for a full set, front and rear, delivered to a UK address?

Cheers
The cost for a full set shipped via air will be $2976 USD, it takes about 1 week to arrive at your door.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
The cost for a full set shipped via air will be $2976 USD, it takes about 1 week to arrive at your door.
Daryl is that correct?!

$1168 per set, front or rear means $2336 for 4 rotors.

Is shipping really $640?

:eek:

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
shipping from the US is never cheap...

Disks being fitted now! just about to go for a test drive

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Yep, I appreciate shipping can be expensive, but $640?

Add import duties of around 25% and that's around $3720 delivered.

That's around £2400 a set of four, unfitted, so very similar to Performance friction, but twice the price of the AP rotors.

It's a shame as these could have been a real contender!

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
but they have the hats!

this is the source of the noise that's been bugging me and will bug you when you get it

I will report more and post pics tomorrow

I didn't get robbed that much by customs BTW

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
you need hats!

balanced AMS disk

Old disk on the car

new and old

old disk rust, supposed where the noise comes from

New disk on the car, hub needed cleaning

Clean wheel and new Tyre fitted

Perfect touch did the fitting, still bedding in can't really tell any real differance yet. No noise on full lock so far

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad you got the rotors installed, they look great!

As for shipping costs, yes, it is about $640 USD for shipping a set of 4 rotors via 1 week air. Just consider that the package will be around 45-55kg. We can ship for cheaper if you don't mind waiting a bit longer. The shipping costs are at cost, we don't set the prices, the postal office does unfortunately.

We also sell the hats and rings as separate items if anyone is interested in just those items:

Rings only (can be mounted on factory hats): $848 USD per pair
Hats only (can be mounted on factory or AP Racing rings): pricing coming soon!

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
early days but this morning the pads where not welded to the disks like normal at the front from rust!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Any idea what the PCD of these R35 rotors are please?
;)
Robbie, what did you do with your old rotors? :shy: :D
Cheers
:thumbsup:
bob

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
old rotors are in box in the garage, I trip over them every time I go in

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Hmmmm well if you ever fancy getting them from under foot give me a shout Robbie!
;)
bob

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
As for shipping costs, yes, it is about $640 USD for shipping a set of 4 rotors via 1 week air. Just consider that the package will be around 45-55kg. We can ship for cheaper if you don't mind waiting a bit longer. The shipping costs are at cost, we don't set the prices, the postal office does unfortunately.
I have an account with TNT, they will ship from the USA for £176 for a 50kg package air mail 5-7 days door to door. For these rates my weekly spend must be £350 with them on average - well worth giving them a call to see what they can do for you. Fed Ex are also supposed to be very competitive if you can put volume through them but for me TNT are better as I send most things to the UK which Fed ex cannot offer a competitive rate for in my case.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts