AMS - Absolute Motor Specialties Inc. (aka AMS Inc.) was one of the original pioneers in the Nissan performance community back in 1992 and has become well-known internationally for being one of the premier performance tuners and parts providers in the Nissan marketplace, by offering unparallelled aftermarket support and customer service that is second to none.
AMS Inc. is a proud member of the Specialty Equipment Market Assosciation (SEMA) and SEMA's Street Performance Council.
TunerLab.jp is proud to be a dealer for AMS, and we can help you with any of their products.
As a result of this success and in conjunction with the release of the Nissan GT-R, AMS expanded its operations to include service and parts for this new generation of GT-R car enthusiasts as well.
AMS Inc. has recently captured international attention from the release of their "AMS R35 GT-R Max-Slot Rotors" at the SEMA show in the USA. These direct OEM replacement rotors are 2 piece floating rotors, and feature 26 diamond slots per rotor. These rotors address the safety and reliability issues of OEM GT-R rotor with dramatically improved durability and performance.
These rotors are available for both front and rear applications.
The rings are available separately for installation on OEM hubs.
Currently these rotors (hat and disc set) are priced at $1168 USD per front or rear pair!
AMS GT-R Max Slot rotors feature:
• 2-PC 15” slotted direct OEM replacement rotors
• Aircraft billet aluminum centre hub for un-sprung weight savings and strength – OEM utilizes iron hub
• T6061 aluminum hub not only reduces weight, but improves heat dissipation.
• Approximate weight savings of nearly 1 lb per rotor! This is the equivalent of shaving approximately 16 lbs on the chassis with an added benefit of improved steering response and brake feel!
• 26 diamond slots per rotor! Slots provide for aggressive bite and superior wear properties unlike crack prone x-drilled variants!
• Diamond slots provide for improved venting vs. standard slots!
• Proprietary ductile cast formulation ensures better wear and heat dissipation characteristics than grey cast OEM rotors and competitors!
• Precisely balanced!
• AMS laser-etched logo on aluminum hats
• Hats anodized stealth black for stock appearance and added longevity
• AMS slotted disks are also available separately with OEM quality fasteners for mounting on OEM iron hats!
• 2 PC rotors are priced less than OEM units and the competitors replacement rings alone! No GTR tax applicable!
• Strict ISO 9001 manufacturing standards ensure first line product
• CRYOGENIC TREATMENT OF AMS MAX-SLOT 2-PC BRAKES and/or AMS Slotted DISKS also available! – Deep cycle computer controlled cryo freeze treatment removes and eliminates any thermal stresses in the rotor. The components structures are more uniform which dissipate heat quicker and increase durability! Used by all the major levels of motorsports from brakes to engine internals!
Conclusion: AMS rotors are reasonably priced, more durable, offer higher performance, and are lighter than OEM rotors.
We are currently selling these rotors, however stock is limited as they are literally flying off the shelves.
If you have any questions about AMS Inc. products, or would like to order a rotor set, please feel free to contact us via PM.