GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today at Santa Pod I managed to break a rear drive shaft in the HKS semi final whilst in the lead. Sod it I thought!! Back to the pits and home.

In the pit I turned of the Nos bottle and one of my helpers asked if he should purge the system and I said yes.

Little did I know that he loaded all of the Nos straight into the plenum and intercooler instead of using the purge button. A couple of minutes later I went to start the engine and BOOM!!

Blew the crap out of the plenum and intercooler. The bonnet's well out of shape and front bumper needs rebuilding. Oh dear I thought!!

Upwards and onwards!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Oh geez Jeff,why are you so unlucky sometimes.
I think it's time to go see the priest bro.
Hope to have you back and running in no time flat.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Did you have a WOT switch?
Without going into detail of how we have it all setup and the very good reasons for why we have it the way we do, the answer is no.

It was just an unfortunate mistake by someone unfamiliar with NOS or how the car was setup.

Rob

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
jesus!!!
i dont know if i could have been so calm about it as you seem jeff, hat's off to ya for that
i hope you get the drag-r sorted soon and isnt too expencive to put rite
better luck next time dude ;)

Alex

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be back!
:smokin:

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Bloody hell man. You dont have any luck with that car. I think you should get the car blessed like Toby does :)

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bloody hell man. You dont have any luck with that car. I think you should get the car blessed like Toby does :)
It's just an unfortunate incident that I take responsibility for as I should have checked my guy knew what he was doing instead of thinking he did.

This was not bad luck it was bad training by me. (But I do know what you mean lol)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Today at Santa Pod I managed to break a rear drive shaft in the HKS semi final whilst in the lead. Sod it I thought!! Back to the pits and home.

In the pit I turned of the Nos bottle and one of my helpers asked if he should purge the system and I said yes.

Little did I know that he loaded all of the Nos straight into the plenum and intercooler instead of using the purge button. A couple of minutes later I went to start the engine and BOOM!!

Blew the crap out of the plenum and intercooler. The bonnet's well out of shape and front bumper needs rebuilding. Oh dear I thought!!

Upwards and onwards!!

PMSL April fools was a while back...

HKS Series is next week, Nitrous with the engine off... You been on the sauce again Ludders :smokin:

Lamb :chairshot

3,665 Posts
Street series was run at the Nationals over last weekend. Even Guy Chamberlin and Chris Impley (Sp) where running in the Pro ET and Super Pro ET classes.

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PMSL April fools was a while back...

HKS Series is next week, Nitrous with the engine off... You been on the sauce again Ludders :smokin:

Lamb :chairshot
Lamb old chap!! HKS Drag Series - Rounds

I would have thought that someone in the business would know what's going on??

·
Registered
531 Posts
what the hell jeff ,sort it out !!!!
sorry to hear jeff if u need any parts give me a call,here to help.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Ahh Shit sorry to hear this bad news Jeff.

I hope you get it sorted out for the Jap Show:thumbsup:

If you need anything give me a shout I have a load of parts up at TR Racing.

Mick.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think & if you dont mind, you should put up a couple of pic's of the damage sustained, Just so people can see how dangerous this stuff really can be when mistreated or used in the wrong order...

A picture will speak 1000 words & a valuable lesson maybe learned by alot of people who are not so clued up on N02 & think it's all fun 'n' games just like F&F...

Just my 2p worth,

Im extreamly sorry to hear of your fate Jeff, im glad no one was close by or hurt at the time, & wish you all the best with getting it back in action asap, which i have no dout with your dedecation will not be long...

Si...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
jeff, if it makes you feel any better i did the same with my supra (sort off) i blew the core out of the standard intercooler that left the car through the bumper.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts