GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WELL...
The M4 was a right playground around lunchtime yesterday...

Firstly came across a new Scumby STI who obviously thought the GTR was standard and even flashed me. Er big mistake pal.
the 4th to 3rd gearchange and then flat into 4th so dealt with that and he backed off quite some. sweet.

Best of all was the DB7 V12 Vantage. some 440 BHP machine with a wiehgt of 1630 KGs I have since learnt.
Well come across him in 5th, he in front driving like king of the road. sees the GTR decides to go for it, me then in 4th we are level for a bit, but cams and turbos kick in and I am nearly in his boot.
He pulls over, is flat to the floor and away I pull.
GUTTED. of course he then gives me the finger sign and tells me I am an idiot, but it is ok for him to drive like a loon beforehand.
As I said through the window....you need a quicker car mate and IT IS A DATSUN!!!
I laughed all the way down the M4.
a proper kill.
NLW

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my thoughts exactly!!

thinking of getting a sticker in the back....

" er just in case you are wondering...it's a datsun and yeah, you just been GTRd. Remember and spread the word"

Man he was SO pissed especially after the killing... He must have gone back to the office, got on the phone to aston and said..."I thought you told me this is one of the quickest road cars around"

I just love that sort of kill

NLW

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
so, if the aston is flat to the floor, and you're pulling past him, and you're on the M4, i'm thinking you were doing quite a speed...

how then would you have had time for the:-

As I said through the window....you need a quicker car mate and IT IS A DATSUN!!!
and how would he have heard it?

any just maybe he wasn't foot to the floor? could you see his foot?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
poetic license dude

poetic license. let me have a bit of glory!! :D

I did manage to look across and smile at him, see his enraged face and looking at me in pure amazement... and hope he is a good lip reader. I did manage to get out "DATSUN"

Speed? What speed?

Trust me...the amount of noise and junk/black smoke that came out the back of the aston...he was well and truly flat.

NLW

·
Registered
201 Posts
got killed

Made the mistake of playing with some proper bikes last night - for some reason Guildford and surrounds were full of bikes at around 10:00 last night.

I should know better as I used to ride one but couldn't help trying to play - a nice group of 5 or so bikes including R1, GSXR1000, Blade gave me a nice reminder of superbikes 30-120 acceleration.

Must give Abbey a call with the company Amex in hand ... ;-)

Iain

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dude you should

ask Ronnie or Warren about the incident with the rocket's car
and the GSXR1000....
Dropped him for dead apparently and when he pulled up...
what the hell you got in there....Standard mate, standard!!

Sweet

·
Registered
201 Posts
perhaps I should invest 4k in a R1 or Blade and terrify myself that way? Do miss the instant go - don't miss the mungo's in volvo's though ;-)

Iain

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
A3

I've had a few blasts along the A3 at 160mph-180mph and have had bikers shake their head in disbelief when trying to keep up.

Guy

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
class!!

any news yet GR?
I have noticed bikers are wary of skylines these days and always nod their respect.

I have heard a few "stories" around bikers of " well I thought it was std, looked pretty std, but I could not catch him!!"

Winner.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
My Car

Mark @ Abbey has confirmed my block is cracked.

Abbey will be rebuilding the car, some interesting parts are currently flying over from Japan.

The full spec has not been finalised, but let's just say it will be bigger capacity and more powerful..........

Guy

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
lmao ... nice one! I've always wanted to see a pretentious Aston driver get blasted ... ever since a Vantage shot past me in my XR4i (I was a kid ok!) a few years ago and nearly sucked my damn windscreen out!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
did a similar thing to a TVR Cerbera on Sunday. he came hairing up behind me so I pulled over to let him by. as he came past I though I'm not having that and gave chase in 5th from about 80, loads of lag afterall I was just cruising. then we are going through the s's on the A23 southbound and back up the other side, the road opens into 3 lanes and I was with him as he put his foot down (3rd this time) nearly drove into his boot !! he pulled over at about 145 and I pissed past him, he gave a wave I gave a wave, all good fun.

that was the second proper my cars faster than your car line up...

cool
/Steve

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good work that man

keep the faith.
Was it dry? Imagine his despair in the wet!!
Mat eif mine has a lovely TVR 4.5 but in the wet...ooohhh!!
breath on that pedal and you shat yerself!!
Top car and we were in the le mans parade this year.
Good to see some respect as opposed to anger.

NLW

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
yes mate bone dry !!

Seemed like a good enough chap like you said nice to see some friendly banter on the roads, just read out the aston story to the chaps in the office they all pissed themselves laughing too so it isn't just a skyliners thing !!

/Steve

·
Registered
268 Posts
LOL, All good fun!! :D

I've come across quite a few fools in Civic and Integra Type R's who for some reason think their car's are quick...

A quick blast down the road to soon find out their hot hatch is not so hot... :)

One even pulled up to me at the lights (I slowed down for him) and said he was running out of fuel!!

hehe lmao :D

Chris

1 - 20 of 73 Posts