GTR Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Coming home from work one night

Mate from work started to pass me on his triumph T509 bike at 80mph i was on my Yamaha R1, i changed down to 3rd and the front wheel never touch down till 156mph but remember it does not matter what you've got there is always someone faster

·
Registered
10 Posts
Depends how good you are

Performance Bike Magazine and the like can launch the GSXR 1000 to 100mph from a standing start in 5.82 seconds - umm - not many cars I know do that.
0-60 is again down to rider skill - Fast Bike boys have done it in 2.4 seconds on a similar bike apparently but the more realistic figure is 2.8 seconds - again not many cars up with that.
Even better when you consider these are STOCK bikes with NO modifications - so that a payout of £7,400 at the mo for a GSXR 1000 - thats brand spankers complete with free first service and 34mpg!!! Not to mention the fact you can run these things all day long without putting the least bit of strain on the lump.
Now modified GSXR1000's - umm - well that a WHOLE different story - we're talking £4k for the conversion and then 210bhp at the rear wheel at 9psi - that in real terms is 80mph-150mph+ in a LOT less than your modded motors I'm afraid.
Course if I was being a real Anorak I would talk about a Busa GSXR1300 - 2nd Hand 2000 model setting you back about £5,500? less maybe - thats 186mph limited standard top speed - or 223mph down the Autobahn with a turbo running 9psi - so in a nutshell - 223mph - leaving black lines when nailed at 180mph all for a possible outlay of UNDER 10k!!! Anyone come within twice the price? Anyone wanna race that?
Ummm - thought not.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
SteveC said:
did a similar thing to a TVR Cerbera on Sunday. he came hairing up behind me so I pulled over to let him by. as he came past I though I'm not having that and gave chase in 5th from about 80, loads of lag afterall I was just cruising. then we are going through the s's on the A23 southbound and back up the other side, the road opens into 3 lanes and I was with him as he put his foot down (3rd this time) nearly drove into his boot !! he pulled over at about 145 and I pissed past him, he gave a wave I gave a wave, all good fun.

that was the second proper my cars faster than your car line up...

cool
/Steve

Gotta be careful along there Steve thats where i was caught by Mr Plod doing 110+ and banned for 56 days:(

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Have to admit Ged, after you told me about your speeding ban, i was well careful for the whole journey up and down the a23 / m23, etc on the way to and from Abbey on tuesday. Had my sensible hat on :D

Daz

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Yeah I know mate, They are sneaky too hiding behind bridges etc..

I rarely do it but it is still no excuse;)

I slowed down again once the point was proven..

how did the ban affect your insurance ?
/steve

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I've heard from a very reliable source that they are CONSTANTLY up and down the A23 in unmarked cars. Nice.

I had a quick play with one of those new Audi Estate motors on a private road running adjacent to the A27 on the entance at the Hove end. Had to lift off twice for fear of running into the back of it, but it was very quick. Nothing silly, and I let him go when i'd just changed into fourth - i'd proven my point. No idea what model it was (so not going to make any wild claims), but it looked very aggessive.

Daz

·
Registered
49 Posts
R reg 911 ?

Some grandad in a 911 was swapping lanes cutting peeps up undertaking and generally acting the dick to catch up with me today on the a590 ... let him catch me then floored it and left him totally for dead disappearing in my rear view like a star on the Enterprises warp screen hehe ... poor sod didnt even try to catch up after that .. had my kids in the car ... they were waving to gramps as we took off :D

61 - 73 of 73 Posts