GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
it is all albout for how long will the engine "resist" that kind of power, or how often will u use the power.

why do they dyno the car only on the back wheels?? will that give accurated results??

·
Registered
258 Posts
Very nice monster! I think they got that from the late Motorex co. W/ regards w/ it's dyno style,I'm also thinking of doing that to my since the GTR half RWD anyways.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Well he said "at 800hp mark the fuel pump give up" so not any engine internal problems. amazing really.
OIL PUMP FAILURE. Not fuel pump. He says it at 2.00 mins in. So yes, big engine internal problems. Crank f#@kd, ran all bearings etc, etc.

So not amazing, more like predicable.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm oil pump, different scenario then. But not a lot of cars will even go as far as that "800hp" with stock engine. Still really amazing how much the RB26 can take.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
I agree 100% in fact I think that often the rb26 is its own worse enemy.
Its so easy (relatively) to get 500/600/700 bhp that its inevitable that people wil do it cheaply without the "correct safety upgrades" and then wonder why theres a problem.

The number of cars producing 550+ onstock internals is why so many go "pop."

What is more remarkable to me is how well they last at those power levels with a forged engine .

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
It's Ok if you only want 20seconds of fun LOL, I prefer to have 5 + years of fun and run well within the envelope of "safety" !!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts