GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last session before closing for the season at Island Dragway Animal House Racing have managed 10’s and the current fastest 1/4 mile ET for any Nissan GT-R @ 10.88 ET @ 133.5 mph. Without using the launch control he managed a 1.858s 60′ time.

So what gear does it take to run a 10.88 in a Nissan GT-R, Animal House Racing develop many of their own parts in house and here’s what it ran down the 1/4 mile:

AHR Ceramic Wheel Bearings

AHR Ceramic Pulley Bearings

AHR Thermal Gasket Set

AHR Race Y-Pipe

COBB Tuning AccessPORT (custom tuned)

93 PUMP GAS w/1 gallon 100 oct

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf?video=e0213961-3ad8-4b69-8a5a-9b5d0108c0d4" width="428" height="352" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br/><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e0213961-3ad8-4b69-8a5a-9b5d0108c0d4.htm">Animal House Racing 10.88 @133.50MPH</a>

Animal House Racing in the 10's - 10.88 @ 133mph No Launch Control

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll double check what their dyno figures where. But alot of this is down to the new V109 custom map. 17psi boost, little more timing 1-2 deg. Cobb say a 10.6 is possible with a few more tweeks.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Thanks Benji.

By chance, do you know what the gains are to be had just by running the Cobb AP on a standard car?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
with Cobb's safe generic maps:

Stage 1 + 63 WHP

Stage 2 + 70 WHP

Will shortly report what can be done with a specific custom tune to a stock GT-R

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
the ceramic wheel bearings offer much less friction loss and produce more power and more wheel spin. whith the wheel bearings alone the car went faster and did the quarter mile sooner.

you know that nissan used less friction in the design of the R35, to recive a 10% friction loss. This will reduce friction even more so.

they are probably a bit more light weight, but i dont think that really matters, they have a billion other advantages (no joke). there is no dissadvantage other than the wheels spinning more, and thats actually a good thing in the R35 (cause it saves first gear when launching). add more traction to reduce the spin will help much too.

ahr will be upgrading everything over the winter - turbos', tires, trans, tune, and much more.

·
Registered
680 Posts
the ceramic wheel bearings offer much less friction loss and produce more power and more wheel spin. whith the wheel bearings alone the car went faster and did the quarter mile sooner.

you know that nissan used less friction in the design of the R35, to recive a 10% friction loss. This will reduce friction even more so.

they are probably a bit more light weight, but i dont think that really matters, they have a billion other advantages (no joke). there is no dissadvantage other than the wheels spinning more, and thats actually a good thing in the R35 (cause it saves first gear when launching). add more traction to reduce the spin will help much too.

ahr will be upgrading everything over the winter - turbos', tires, trans, tune, and much more.

Thanks for that.

Where is the best place to source these parts from?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for that.

Where is the best place to source these parts from?

Hi Andy,

GTR23 will have all the best parts. many updates over winter coming up :)

I'm certain we'll be invalidating our UK R35 warranty straight away :p

I'll be happy with a 10.5 1/4 mile, street & circuit 700ps R35

Cheers

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hi Andy,

GTR23 will have all the best parts. many updates over winter coming up :)

I'm certain we'll be invalidating our UK R35 warranty straight away :p

I'll be happy with a 10.5 1/4 mile, street & circuit 700ps R35

Cheers

HAHA........Looks like i could be heading that route too sooner than i anticipated.

Will keep an eye on your site........afew things already caught my beady little eye :smokin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts