GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 216 Posts

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
I'm organising this if anyone is interested. It's a small group with limited numbers. 2018 Pyrenees It's starts on the 16th June. Has three options, either 6 days (900miles), 8 days (1200miles) or the full 14 days. It is without doubt the best road trip in the Pyrenees and northern Spain. It is done on a completely non-profit basis so far cheaper than any commercial tour. This is NOT a Gumball style trip. Early booking is essential as spaces are filling up.

https://www.facebook.com/European-Road-Touring-150...

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Are you even a member of the GT-RDC?

It's people like you, chiming with opinions and grand ideas who haven't even signed up that piss me off. Always think you can do a better job without actually getting involved.

Join up, or butt out

;)

While I agree with the sentiment it might be this one was a bit out of context (Forum chat huh!) and Matt was joking around.

Irrespective Matt if you chose to go and we do run a team (not in plans currently I have to admit) then why not all have a fun day together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Signed up and paid.

When do I get my free shit and access all areas VIP passes to anything Nissan is involved in?

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
I'm organising this if anyone is interested. It's a small group with limited numbers. 2018 Pyrenees It's starts on the 16th June. Has three options, either 6 days (900miles), 8 days (1200miles) or the full 14 days. It is without doubt the best road trip in the Pyrenees and northern Spain. It is done on a completely non-profit basis so far cheaper than any commercial tour. This is NOT a Gumball style trip. Early booking is essential as spaces are filling up.

https://www.facebook.com/European-Road-Touring-150...

That looks mega to be fair Jack.... gutted I have work commitments already that week.

·
Following EJH#25
6,838 Posts
While I agree with the sentiment it might be this one was a bit out of context (Forum chat huh!) and Matt was joking around.
Mike was just “yanking the chain” Rog, we know each other well enough to read through each other’s posts these days :D

Although he does have a valid point, he just needs to lend me a tenner now!

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Mike was just “yanking the chain” Rog, we know each other well enough to read through each other’s posts these days :D

Am glad - was worried Mook had cracked ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
:

If you're that short of cash Matt I'll lend you a couple of quid and they can have a whip round at Autosport on the stand to find the other £8 ;)

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
I voted for the "new board" 110% but with this I obviously neednt have bothered.

In hindsight (a huge term I know ) maybe the GTRDC should have been formed before the vote as it would have had so much more credibility that way (in my eyes anyway )

Of course everyone has to do what they think is best

So a few questions to the GTRDC (checks spelling)

Can non paid up members go to shows and be on the stand the same as if the GTROC attends a show

will the GTRDC be at JAE which after all is the biggest jap car show in the UK

PS

Thinking of possibly starting the GTRAC .............

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
I voted for the "new board" 110% but with this I obviously neednt have bothered.

In hindsight (a huge term I know ) maybe the GTRDC should have been formed before the vote as it would have had so much more credibility that way (in my eyes anyway )

Can non paid up members go to shows and be on the stand the same as if the GTROC attends a show

PS

Hindsight is always perfect of course and lots of things could/should have been done differently.

I am not going to cover old ground so let's look at positive future things.

JAE - that's an interesting question. Obviously other people have often represented clubs there and for some it is a fabulous event and one of the highlights of the summer (and John does a great job organising of course). The GT-R community simply hasn't shown the enthusiasm, despite a few die hards who love it, for the event. If people wanted to go they would - they turn up to lots of other events.

That being said we are very open to doing what everyone wants and not being prescriptive! One thing to note it is a new club and therefore in the first year it is focusing on a smaller number of amazing events rather than spreading ourselves too thinly or simply doing things other people are doing.

For example I spent three hours last night with a massive Japanese Culture show who have no cars there - something totally different. It would be for both displaying cars but also members and family day out. It is very much in infancy and health and safety might kill it off but it gives you an idea.

As for events - I am not sure I see the point of having a club with members and then having people who aren't along to major events (if I understand you correctly).

Smaller events/meets it might be feasible but for £10 to get access to everything I am not sure it makes sense. Obviously we need to show what we are all about and hopefully Autosport will kick start that. People have to see a benefit to being a member obviously! If people see the value they will join and people never see value in something which is free.

Appreciate the support and hope that answers some questions - we are open to tweak and change things as we progress and learn what works of course!

GTRAC....? ;-)

·
Premium Member
5,844 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
What the hell is Dougie doing to that poor Squirell?
Great spot!

This is the God's honest truth:

My little one is watching Hey Duggee on the telly a couple of years ago, landline rings so I grab the sky remote and press pause and answer the phone.

I nip back to turn it back on and that is the paused telly image right there. :nervous: I shit you not!

I had to grab a picture as nobody would have believed me!

·
Super Moderator
15,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #120

PS

In all honesty Brian the club exists not because of the election but because of what happened around it. I think I’m a very easy going person but if people are ringing around impugning my character simply to stay in power in a car club, I am done. Plus the politics Bores me to death, I’m just wanting to have fun in my play time.

I imagine normal car shows we will welcome members and non-members. But we will be running some exclusive events only for members, as we want to ensure we deliver benefit of membership for people to join in year 2.

JAE, not sure tbh. Though there is scope to join with another non-GTR club if we want to and be part of their very successful yearly stand. I guess we could do a hands up and see who is interested. I always go but in another car. :)

101 - 120 of 216 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.