GTR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 216 Posts
Got to hand it to mud flap, he has some knowledge on these cars!
That's good of you to say Matt.

From what I saw of your pics, you know more than most about getting an amazing finish to your paintwork. Black must be one of the most difficult shades to work on.

I forgot your VIN which starts 041. If you PM me the other three numbers I can tell you a bit more about your Series 3.

Anyway, it was great to see you on the GTR Drivers Club stand at the NEC.

Jack

Got to hand it to mud flap, he has some knowledge on these cars!
That's good of you to say Matt.

From what I saw of your pics, you know more than most about getting an amazing finish to your paintwork. Black must be one of the most difficult shades to work on.

I forgot your VIN which starts 041. If you PM me the other three numbers I can tell you a bit more about your Series 3.

Anyway, it was great to see you on the GTR Drivers Club stand at the NEC.

Jack

Thanks fella!

Also just joined. Completely unaware of any of the politics around this, mainly because I've not really gotten involved in any of the old events and don't regularly frequent the forums. But I'd be interested in getting more involved and this seems like a great way of doing so!
Welcome to the club. There's a few R35 owners out your way, I originally came from a village about 12 miles from Cambridge, near St.Ives.

Welcome to the club. There's a few R35 owners out your way, I originally came from a village about 12 miles from Cambridge, near St.Ives.
Thanks Barry! I think I was once in a mass WhatsApp group with you and a bunch of others a couple of years back. Never did make it out for a drive with you guys, but if you lot are about at some point, I'd be up for weekend drive.

Thanks Barry! I think I was once in a mass WhatsApp group with you and a bunch of others a couple of years back. Never did make it out for a drive with you guys, but if you lot are about at some point, I'd be up for weekend drive.
That group still exists although one has moved abroad and a few have sold their cars. We sometimes head over to the Pistonheads meet at St.Neots that happens each month on a Sun morning.

Well ... after a number of years of being a bit quiet I have just woken up ... and paid my £10 ! ... Still here, still have the old girl, the R33 that is, oh ... and the wife :) Will be looking in with interest as to what lies ahead ...
Oh.............my............... word!!! Endo and I were only talking about you the other day, welcome on board:bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1:

So, whats the sales pitch? Why should I fork over my hard earned £10 note?!

(Its a serious question btw, just wondering what this (paid) club offers that any of the thousands of facebook clubs dont)
Hi Kindai, wellllllll its a bit like this: Its pretty hard to be anything different nowadays and then there's the old cliche about re inventing the wheel, why fix it etc blah blah.

So really were a group of friends who enjoy cars, drives out, chats, meets, shows and mostly the cars we own. So with all this in mind and some vigour our idea's grew and formed our car club.

All the founder members are passionate, highly driven nuts and between us have some amazing contacts. Each founding member used their own cash to start this new Club, we pooled our resources together.

The Club will be offering superb events, drives, trips, local and national social meets and maybe some pretty astounding things that money simply cant buy and we will start to release details as we confirm them.

So we are pretty much another car club, all our proceeds generated go back into the club. Maybe were just a bit more driven than some clubs but thats not what were about, we just want to get out there with others and enjoy ourselves A LOT.

This 1st year is already off to a great start and membership is nearing 100 already.

A full year of events and meets are indeed planned, we are also looking for members to help us and become involved with the planning and organisational side of the club.

So any budding Local reps and/or events support crew we really would welcome your help.

Oh.............my............... word!!! Endo and I were only talking about you the other day, welcome on board:bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1:
Ha Ha ... My son and I are just now remembering the "old" days of the Angel :) Son is now speeding around a bit higher off the road ... he has his Private Pilot's License !

The R33 will be 22 years old next month, still going strong but I am a bit more "careful" with her these days, and it is still lovingly looked after by Marc Light at what was once called The Garage (he has gone up in the world these days business wise, now SVS Autocentre).

These were fun days out :)

Ha Ha ... My son and I are just now remembering the "old" days of the Angel :) Son is now speeding around a bit higher off the road ... he has his Private Pilot's License !

The R33 will be 22 years old next month, still going strong but I am a bit more "careful" with her these days, and it is still lovingly looked after by Marc Light at what was once called The Garage (he has gone up in the world these days business wise, now SVS Autocentre).

These were fun days out :)
Were going to be running an Andy Hornsby Ice Cream Run in memory of our old friend this spring. Would be great to see the old crew return.

161 - 180 of 216 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.