GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just asked my HPC if they could do anything about the continuous loud,high pitched warning screech when reverse is selected. I can normally put up with a few idiosyncrsies especially with such a fantastic car, but I can hardly here the reversing sensors and occasionally the noise gets physically painful.
The response from HPC was NO, it's there to protect the reversing light from overheating if left in reverse too long :confused: ...had quite a few cars...none with problems like that.
They also said the only way the software would be released from Japan to remove the warning sound is when they have enough complaints to justify a fix.

Just wondered if anyone else has complained and received a different response, or found another way of getting rid of the sound.Maybe it's just my car?....or oversensitive ears! appreciate any comments or complaints to
HPC's to help get it sorted.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
my non-nav GTR has no reverse sound, OEM or otherwise.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
My HPC informed me that they have to clip a wire coming from the gear selector, end of annoying noise. They will do so this week, with the 1200 mls inspection.
Keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
There a few pics of melted rear lights on Nagtroc. Clearly a design error.
A timed warning (on the sat nav cars only?) would be more sensible as a temporary bodge up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After some further investigation/explanation at my 1200 ml optimisation, finally got to the bottom of the constant drone when reverse is selected. It is coming from the parking sensors and not the standard reversing alert (which isn’t too bad). It seems that the parking sensors are picking up the moisture/ heat from the exhausts and fooling them into emitting the constant ‘impact imminent ‘ drone when there is nothing in close proximity, this is happening almost every time reverse is selected with engine running hot or cold…… unless I’ve got a faulty set it seems they are not fit for purpose when fitted to the GTR and a waste of £600.

These are Nissan RPS20 dealer fitted sensors, which have been located in the correct position apparently.

Just wondered if anyone else is having the same problems or managed to overcome it?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Sounds like you should be telling your dealer to replace them FOC as they're clearly faulty.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My HPC informed me that they have to clip a wire coming from the gear selector, end of annoying noise. They will do so this week, with the 1200 mls inspection.
Keep you posted.
I also have the same issue. With front and rear parking sensors also going off, reversing out of the garage sounds like a reversing contest at a bus station!

Did you get the fix done. If so can you let me have details so I can do the same.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just received mine back from the HPC last Friday after one and a half weeks of investigation they finally got to the bottom of it.
After getting Cobra involved (who make the sensors for Nissan) they re-callibrated the system and replaced some wiring apparently, and they're working as they should now.

Took a firm letter of complaint to get it sorted though, which was a bit dissapointing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just received mine back from the HPC last Friday after one and a half weeks of investigation they finally got to the bottom of it.
After getting Cobra involved (who make the sensors for Nissan) they re-callibrated the system and replaced some wiring apparently, and they're working as they should now.

Took a firm letter of complaint to get it sorted though, which was a bit dissapointing.
Presumably in reverse you still get the "reversing bus" noise?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I also have the same issue. With front and rear parking sensors also going off, reversing out of the garage sounds like a reversing contest at a bus station!

Did you get the fix done. If so can you let me have details so I can do the same.

Many thanks.
Sorry to report that my HPC wasn`t able to fix the dumba.. beep.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry to report that my HPC wasn`t able to fix the dumba.. beep.
That's a shame.

So we all need a fix from somewhere. I hope it's not as difficult as the reversing camera issue, but hopefully a bit cheaper to solve.

My only thought was to encase the offending noisy item in some foam pipe lagging or similar. This would at least quieten it a bit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a shame.

So we all need a fix from somewhere. I hope it's not as difficult as the reversing camera issue, but hopefully a bit cheaper to solve.

My only thought was to encase the offending noisy item in some foam pipe lagging or similar. This would at least quieten it a bit.
Which noise are you talking about?

If it's the noise from the dash (intermittent soft tone )to tell you that reverse has been engaged (regardless of having sensors fitted) I was told by my HPC that this warning was to stop you leaving it in reverse too long , protecting the rear light from overheating, and no software fix was available as such until they had enough complaints worldwide.

If it's a noise similar to the one I was getting from the sensors as soon as you select reverse (solid, constant tone as if you were about an inch away from something when there is nothing there),then there is a fix available from HPC, as my previous post.

The only noise I get now is the standard intermittent reverse warning which isn't too bad compared to the noise from the sensors prior to the fix.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
92 Posts
same problem - spoke to HPC oxford - -said its a reversing constant warning wont fix it either - seems a problem - once nearly reversed into something - the sensors are uttery useless - I learned to live with it - hate reversing and dont trust the sensors

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
the reverse light overheats? wtf? :chuckle:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes - it's the noise from the dash - I'm not sure about the "soft" bit. Like 2010gtr I nearly reversed into something as a result. Not reversing/hating it isn't much of an option. Charles charlie says the pre-satnav cars don't have this, so it would be extremely nice if it could be disabled in some way.

Seems a bit like the "Do not iron clothes on body" warning on packaging for an iron.

·
Registered
6 Posts
GTRok - I have same problem, reversing sensors earsplittingly loud continuously as soon as reverse selected (not reverse warning bleep). Which HPC fixed it for you? I notice you are in NE, was it Benfields cos that's where mine is from. Due for 1200 check soon and need to get it fixed!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got exactly the same problem too. Going into benfield tomorrow
for 1200 and they going to look at it then. They were stumped
with same prob on 1 other car when I booked it in for the
1200. Mentioned that it was also UMS too and were clintching
at straws clearly to see if there was any cooincidence. Discounted
the exhaust vapour thing as mine was doing constant drone
when reverse engaged with engine off. Honest enough to say
they were confused and hoped to get to bottom of it by the time
mine goes intomorrow. Fingers crossed I'll let u know. Can't wait
to floor the car mind after the optimisation!

·
Registered
167 Posts
same problem - spoke to HPC oxford - -said its a reversing constant warning wont fix it either - seems a problem - once nearly reversed into something - the sensors are uttery useless - I learned to live with it - hate reversing and dont trust the sensors
My is was also supplied by oxford - I Agree on the useless sensors - reverse out on a morning, they go bonkers from the exhaust gasses and any other time it's very random from bleep bleep to 'you are going to hit a wall!'. It reminds me of the very very early parking systems circa 1980. The BMW systems are bob on with the visual display and sensores that actually sense.

On the final statement 'I learned to live with it - hate reversing and dont trust the sensors' sounds like my ex-wife who could not reverse for toffee, and would spend ages looking for a spot that could be driven into :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
I got exactly the same problem too. Going into benfield tomorrow
for 1200 and they going to look at it then. They were stumped
with same prob on 1 other car when I booked it in for the
1200. Mentioned that it was also UMS too and were clintching
at straws clearly to see if there was any cooincidence. Discounted
the exhaust vapour thing as mine was doing constant drone
when reverse engaged with engine off. Honest enough to say
they were confused and hoped to get to bottom of it by the time
mine goes intomorrow. Fingers crossed I'll let u know. Can't wait
to floor the car mind after the optimisation!
I've got this porblem too on my non sat nav car. The dealer fitted sensors just don't work properly. I mentioned it at optimisation and Benfield said they's cleaned the sensors and all was in order. Not right - they still do it almost every time I reverse. Only occastionally work like proper sensors so I'm not happy either having paid £600 for them.

I'm slo not happy that I stupidly forgot to complain about them again when they had my car last week for it's 6 month service - doh!

Can you post please post up outcome - if there's a fix out there I'll drop by Bnefield next time in Newcastle and get it sorted.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 40 Posts