GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sticky please Mr moderator:)

This months bubble meet will be a lot larger. Loads of prizes up for grabs in the raffle. All money goes to Cancer Research UK. My uncle has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer and my mum died of cancer of the liver so it means a lot to me.

I have done a web page with details on which I will update as more prizes and entertainment appear.

Click here for the details.

Click here for how to get there.

The meet starts at 11am and is on Sunday 13th August

If you can't make it on the day, you can reserve raffle tickets by posting a cheque. Details on the web page above.

Please feel free to post these details on other forums.

Also stick your name down if you are coming. It is nice to know who will be there:)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Gonna try my best to be at this one........I NEED THAT EXHAUST ;);)

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
We should be able to make it mate....:)

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Prize update coming tomorrow night.
Also confirmation of magazine coverage (Japanese Performance)
:clap:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sunday

Hi Dave,

So what is the weather forecast then mate?

Look forward to seeing you all again:)

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
277 Posts
No chance I am going to make this one as when car was in for a MOT today with those idiots at Traffic Street in Derby I get back to get the car absolutely filthly, pratically zero petrol and just over 20 miles extra on it .... :chairshot Only got car back @ 5:30pm so will get onto them tomorrow...

Since when did you need that sort of a testdrive on a MOT ???

Car failed on back discs ... mmm we'll see about that because the car was rated as 100% on Monday by Skyline mechanic ...

I'm back up to Glasgow this weekend basically to get a proper MOT and not have my car taken out for a blast by some idiots ...

I should have seen the signs when I left the mobile phone in the car when dropping it off and when I went back 5 mins later to collect the phone there where 3 of them standing around with the bonnet up ... mmm 3 for a MOT ..

Hope it's a great day and I've organised for quite a lot of people to pop in from work so hope it's a really good day ...

Mad I'm missing it ... :mad:

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Me and bro have used them but it looks like I will not be going back now:mad:
Will go back to having the MOT done while the car is at Rods. At least I know it is in good hands then.
Do you ever have good luck Paul:mad:
Dave

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Shame I can't make it along.

Hope it goes well Dave.

·
Registered
277 Posts
davewilkins said:
Me and bro have used them but it looks like I will not be going back now:mad:
Will go back to having the MOT done while the car is at Rods. At least I know it is in good hands then.
Do you ever have good luck Paul:mad:
Dave

Good Luck ... errr... not with cars...
Monday was spent from 9:15am to 13:45 in the A50 Eastbound services when the igntion amplifier finally gave up the ghost .. that was why the car was running so bad ... Got car fixed @ 3pm though which was good but couldn't get a MOT soon .....

·
Registered
164 Posts
mot

Sorry to hear you are having more bad luck Paul.

The mot guy i use at traffic street has always been very careful with my car and has good attention to detail.

It doesnt sound like his work.

If it is the same place - as they are part of a large chain you should be able to make a complaint as taking your car for a thrash is really NOT ON!

I do tend to hang around when mine gets done though!

I will get you a pint in down the local to cheer you up mate:)

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
277 Posts
andyw said:
Sorry to hear you are having more bad luck Paul.

The mot guy i use at traffic street has always been very careful with my car and has good attention to detail.

It doesnt sound like his work.

If it is the same place - as they are part of a large chain you should be able to make a complaint as taking your car for a thrash is really NOT ON!

I do tend to hang around when mine gets done though!

I will get you a pint in down the local to cheer you up mate:)

Cheers

Andy

It IS the same place ... I did complain to them at the branch today and they said they thought it was acceptable to rev to >7k on a MOT to get the CAT hot... What cat? Specifically went for 91 car to avoid having one ...

They admitted taking the car via Pride Park and then onto the A52 as well for a "test drive" ..

I couldn't wait with the car after being off on Monday from work with car issues....

I'll probably drop into Dave's on Friday as I should have some last minute BAR F1 Honda stuff; free this time as I had to buy the rest.... Hoping for another shirt and those brakes ... fingers crossed he comes across with that as mate's in Scotland at weekend......

I've got new discs + pads waiting for the car in Glasgow already... so at least I know it'll be fixed ....

After this week I'll NEED that pint ...:p

·
Registered
589 Posts
YO HO

Hay up davey, cant make it t morra, pity, doing a 2 lapper at curborough sprint, :clap: not done 1 in mine b 4, if you & a few others at the bub have nawt to do 3 pm ish get your self over for a chat, cheers. D :)

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol @nowt to do @ 3pm.
Giving out 60 raflfle prizes! Won't be leaving until about 5pm.

Good luck for tomorrow drew.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts