GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Vendor
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following the revision to the Tourist dates now showing on the official site, our annual trip to the 'Ring will take place early November.

The opening is Friday 6: 09:00 - 16:30, Sunday 8: 13:30 - 17:00 and then continuous full day opening Monday 9 onwards 09:00 - 16:30.

The CAT team are not set yet on whether we will head out Thursday 5 or Saturday 7, but either way we will definitely be there for Sunday 8 and Monday 9.

Let me know if you plan on joining us.

Jo

·
Registered
854 Posts
out of possible interest, how much does something like this cost. ive fancied a trip to the ring for a while.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I'm all up for this. Had a ball last time.
I'll pack some spare wheels this time incase that UK Honda Civic Type R decides to show up and perform its Pirouettes in front of me again!:bawling::D

·
Vendor
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
out of possible interest, how much does something like this cost. ive fancied a trip to the ring for a while.
Rough costings to consider are:

Petrol to and from the Ring
Petrol for laps on the Ring
Eurotunnel or ferry
Lap pass
Accommodation at the Ring – dependent on number of nights
Food to include lunch and dinner plus beverages

It’s 500 miles from us (Bedford) to the Ring. Tunnel is about £115 return. Accommodation will be approximately 80-100 Euros per night (if Ringside hotel used) and if you budgeted 50 Euros per day that should provide you with lunch and dinner. Lap pass prices this year are:

1 lap – Euro 22
4 laps – Euro 75
8 laps – Euro 145
15 laps – Euro 250
25 laps – Euro 390

Trust this gives you a good idea to help your thoughts.

Jo

·
Registered
854 Posts
Rough costings to consider are:

Petrol to and from the Ring
Petrol for laps on the Ring
Eurotunnel or ferry
Lap pass
Accommodation at the Ring – dependent on number of nights
Food to include lunch and dinner plus beverages

It’s 500 miles from us (Bedford) to the Ring. Tunnel is about £115 return. Accommodation will be approximately 80-100 Euros per night (if Ringside hotel used) and if you budgeted 50 Euros per day that should provide you with lunch and dinner. Lap pass prices this year are:

1 lap – Euro 22
4 laps – Euro 75
8 laps – Euro 145
15 laps – Euro 250
25 laps – Euro 390

Trust this gives you a good idea to help your thoughts.

Jo
thanks for the rough breakdown of cost.
november is a while away yet so ill have to see nearer the time!!!!!!

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,035 Posts
Moosedoog,

I'm in London. On an average 3 or 4 days away at Nurburgring or Spa, I'll use 6 or 7 tanks of fuel there and back. Circa £400.

It's 300 miles to Nurburgring from Calais, so that's 3 tanks right there. I can do 5 or 6 laps of the Ring on 1 tank and do a minimum of 1 tank per day. You'll do more though if you don't know your way around.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
hahaha

I'm in.

:D

How many bottles of bubbly, Jo ...

·
Registered
627 Posts
The sheer mention of bubbly caught my interest. :D
I'd like to seriously consider this and being a 'Ring' virgin, there's no one I would like more than Colin to guide me around..... and Jo to guide me to the bar! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 191 Posts