GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, have searched and can't seem to find a conclusive answer. I'm looking for opinions to what cams should be used with a T04r on an RB30 with an RB26 head. It's a stock piston bottom end and final goal is a responsive 600bhp. What cams would bring the spool up down the rev range nicely to give an all round "nicer" spool up? The head needs the guides replacing anyway so I may just send it to RSP/Abbey or the like to get it machined and shimmed for cams if needs be at the same time. Its a street car but only a weekend car so it won't be the end of the world if it's a touch lumpy.

I'm aware that a T04z would be a much better tool for the job but I'm getting the T04r at a very very good price, so the sacrifice of the ball bearing core and improved exhaust housing are worth it for now. Perhaps I may upgrade to a T04z in time!

Looking forward to your opinions.

Thanks.

Mark.

·
Registered
103 Posts
hi mate i have my car running on tomei 260 in and 260 out on t51r turbo producing 900hp spools up 3200rpm and on full boost by 5000rpm running at 2 bar fully forged 2.6ltr engine with some head work for better flow
hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts