GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I cant really add much to the other recent posts about the CAT Driver Training day at Millbrook except to add my huge recommendation to do it!!

I did it yesterday and Colin is a Top Bloke who knows his cars and the mechanics /science of them. He is a great teacher and takes you to the level that you want to go and perhaps then just pushes you past a bit!

We did all the activities that others have posted and it really gave me the opportunity to learn what the car can do and how I should make it do it in a (relatively) safe environment.

The final session on the handling circuit putting all the tools and techniques together and getting it right felt awesome and ended up in three quick laps all within 0.2secs in the final 'consistency challenge'.

I always thought that the car was better than I am but now I feel like I'm catching it up!!

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I have a mate who's just bought an R35 and would love this. Did you book direct or through the Club?

Is there a package specifically for GT-R owners?

Have any very experienced track day drivers tried the more advanced packages?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sent Jo a PM through the CATDT member on here and arranged it all through that. They do a number of packages and I asked them which was most suitable for me given my particular objectives for the day. In my case, their advice was spot on for yesterday and I definitely improved my road and track driving through the course of the day.

Colin is very knowledgeable about cars in general and now knows alot about the GTR as I was his 20th customer in one.

·
Vendor
1,684 Posts
I have a mate who's just bought an R35 and would love this. Did you book direct or through the Club?

Is there a package specifically for GT-R owners?

Have any very experienced track day drivers tried the more advanced packages?
'Lenny' :D Thank you for your forum feedback - much appreciated :thumbsup: Glad to know you had a good time.

David this is the specific R35 programme put together for forum members:
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/116980-gtroc-driver-development-programmes-r35.html

but whoever we work with is developed from their starting point, be that novice or race competitor and anywhere inbetween.

Jo

·
Vendor
1,684 Posts
Happy Christmas!

Just wanted to wish you all a great festive break along with joyous celebrations for the start of the new year. Thank you for your support and enthusiasm this year - we've enjoyed meeting and working with everyone of you.

For those interested, please use the link to see the latest edition of our newsletter CAT Driver Training Newsletter

Thank you again and we look forward to an exciting 2010.

Jo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts