GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
this crash looks weird. clearly the roof/door on the left side has moved cos the window won't close...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
doesn´t look bad...easy to repair...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
it almost looks as if he was hit from the side. looks like he stuck his nose out and someone (truck probably) too it off. except of course the airbags are deployed so i guess he must have crashed into someone.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
How many do we know of?

Is the car easier to write off than most due to parts prices?

Still not sure that the Dunlop 600s are that great for cold, wet driving personally...

·
Registered
690 Posts
How many do we know of?

Is the car easier to write off than most due to parts prices?

Still not sure that the Dunlop 600s are that great for cold, wet driving personally...
Hi mate.

As soon as the parts and labour get to about 65% of the current value the car becomes border line uneconomical to repair! On a £50K car (assuming 6 months old) thats not much damage at Nissan prices...even the revised ones! I've personally seen two "write offs" that would, and should have been repaired. The HPC's and the repairers are having to beat Nissan down every time to try and get cars back on the road.

I'm sure if a comparison was done for a typical speed frontal damage claim the parts on the R35 would exceed many of the luxury marquees. Doesn't work on a £50K car. I really think we did all get something of a bargain when the car price was announced. The reality is insurance costs will ultimately be on a par with £150K Lambo/Ferrari cars and that will exclude an age group that the car was maybe intended for!

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
the repair costs and parts from Nissan in Europe are twice as much as the US

the US complain that's expensive!

£30 blade refill in Uk compared to $6.50 in the US!

same part no.

·
Registered
570 Posts
My insurance broker says that Chaucer wont cover the GTR at all now.

It is due to the bonnet charges blowing up the ecu when it is deployed......

Can anyone confirm whether the car does blows its brain? £13k to replace.....

Oh and I think the Dunlops are rubbish in the wet and cold. I hope the Bridgestones are better.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Oh and I think the Dunlops are rubbish in the wet and cold. I hope the Bridgestones are better.
Since the general opinion on Dunlops is not so good, what were Nissans thoughts on selecting for the UK market over Bridgestones - any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
It was the famous "Nurburgring tyre" so the marketing people decided it would be best to launch the car over here on them.

I think you should get a choice like Porsche and Ferrari owners do.
- Bridgestone summer
- Dunlop summer (what we get now)
- Dunlop all season (better for our climate)
- Bridgestone winter tyres for the colder European countries

For my comparison between the two summer tyres see my thread that has been moved to the brakes/tyres section.

·
Registered
78 Posts
not a difficult repair that, if i were doing it i wouldnt refit the bonnet saftey things, from the price of them
Doesn't look much and indeed it's not but the oil coolers alone are 7k.

Probably been said before but I know and have seen at close quaters how little damage is so expensive. These cars are being written off and soon insurers will not insure them and then second hand values will fall out of the sky.

Nissan NEED to deal with this urgently. I know of many where guys have written them off and gone and bought another marque.....probably never to return to Nissan.

This happened the Porsche a number of years ago before they realised they needed to re-aligne prices.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Right, so we need someone with a shed load of cash to buy up all the write off GTR's and hold a "stock" of spare parts!! Any takers ??

·
Registered
65 Posts
does not look too easy to repair to me, ally box section spars are bent beyond repair, you cant just put those on a jig, straighten them and expect them to be ok. Which basically means the entire front subframe needs replacing.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts