GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
If it's designed to do that and the survival cell (cabin) isn't compromised then I don't see the problem, personally. I know that if I was belting along in one and [email protected] something in a frontal impact I'd be praying very hard that the tonne of metal behind me had seperated from the car and wasn't about to piledrive into the back of my skull!!

Bit of a bummer if you're walking down the pavement and get turned into strawberry jam be a seperated Enzo engine though..... but I can think of worse ways to go! :D

·
Registered
627 Posts
Firstly.... Your not supposed to crash them!!!:eek:

Secondly.....I'll put my neck out and say that the way it broke up was a good thing ie high energy dissipation similar to that of an F1 car which leaves the reinforced cabin relatively unscathed.

Testament is that the guy got out with a bruised lip.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Unfortunately true, and people just keep on finding out the hard way.......:(

At least they walked away though.

Rob

·
Registered
564 Posts
lol, by the sounds of it he couldn't believe his luck when a McLaren SLR turned up for a race! what a re the chances of the hey?

But, What i'd like to know is why would they give the pope one? :eek:

The a 400th car was built and donated to Pope John Paul II and later sold to raise R7,65 million for charity

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
they are designed to do that. same as the carerra GT.

lots of engineering and experience learnt from sports car and F1 racing. it is a carbon survival cell designed to disprese engery in a crash and to prevent the heavy bits from moving at you. namely the enigne.

look at where the engine ended up! better there than having a few 100kgs coming at your neck and head. seems to work well as the guy walked away after a 170 mph crash! can't be bad!

I think these guys know what they are doing!!

but skylines are better ;-)and faster of course

he is a well known swedish character in the area and running on a foreign passport. he said a german mate borrowed it!

not that he is worried probbaly as he has a few in his collection!!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A lot people saying that what the car did was good>>> on a racetrack maybe< but what about the poor old chap who was driving along and out of nowhere got hit by a big Ferrari six litre engine.... Interesting story to be telling your friends at a barbeque!!

"No it wasn't my fault. I was just driving along in the middle lane when a Ferrari 6 litre crashed into the back... what kind of Ferrari? no, it wasn't a complete car.. just the engine... NO, I WASN'T DRINKING YOU IDIOT! It was an engine on its own.. honest".

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
it was very early in the morning when it happened but fair point!

you would be happy as the driver the engine is not coming at you though from behind.

that enzo engine along is worth around 250 grand as a replacement!

·
Registered
319 Posts
lol, by the sounds of it he couldn't believe his luck when a McLaren SLR turned up for a race! what a re the chances of the hey?
There more to this than most people seem to have read. The Enzo was owned by Stefan Eriksson who used to own Gizmondo. He was found in the passenger seat with a bloody lip, the driver had supposedly run off. However there was only blood on the drivers airbag!:rolleyes: Also, he happened to, coveniently, own the SLR that they (read he) were/was racing. It has also now come to light that the Royal Bank of Scotland have been chasing him for the last 6 months to try and reposess the vehicle as he had fraudulently obtained the funds. The whole thing stinks.:mad:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
bearing in mind the profits that all the big banks are about to announce (includign RBOS) then they should write it off to bad debt and a guy with a good car collection!

the banks are the criminals if you ask me! good luck to stefan!

outrageous profits probably most from over charging and late penalties!!

gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
lol @ Gizmundo....

Millions and Millions of investors money.... They made 30,000 crappy units and then spent all the money on cars and holidays for the directors!

IIRC from the money invested each 'Gizmundo' had effectivley cost £6000!

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Smootster73 said:
they are designed to do that. same as the carerra GT.

lots of engineering and experience learnt from sports car and F1 racing. it is a carbon survival cell designed to disprese engery in a crash and to prevent the heavy bits from moving at you. namely the enigne.

look at where the engine ended up! better there than having a few 100kgs coming at your neck and head. seems to work well as the guy walked away after a 170 mph crash! can't be bad!

I think these guys know what they are doing!!

but skylines are better ;-)and faster of course

he is a well known swedish character in the area and running on a foreign passport. he said a german mate borrowed it!

not that he is worried probbaly as he has a few in his collection!!
Agreed.

At that sort of speed the resultant damage would write off the car anyway, so there's no difference really in it looking like a crumbled mess drenched in blood, and split in two. It just looks more dramatic.

As has already been said though given the engine is at the back, it's pretty much the last thing you want behind you in the event of a frontal crash.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
rasonline said:
A lot people saying that what the car did was good>>> on a racetrack maybe< but what about the poor old chap who was driving along and out of nowhere got hit by a big Ferrari six litre engine.... Interesting story to be telling your friends at a barbeque!!

"No it wasn't my fault. I was just driving along in the middle lane when a Ferrari 6 litre crashed into the back... what kind of Ferrari? no, it wasn't a complete car.. just the engine... NO, I WASN'T DRINKING YOU IDIOT! It was an engine on its own.. honest".

:D :D :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Bah, read about the 1st one about half a year ago!

Now the Salt Lake City one... good to see it wasnt ruined for adrenaline fun! :D

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
You know, these Enzo is slowly becoming a rare collection. Pretty soon there will be less then 100 left in the world at this going rate.

·
6,817 Posts
Again a red one, okay it's the Ferrari color, but at least the few blacks and silver Enzos are still alive . . ..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts