GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VPC
Since the last dyno day i have persevered whith the f con v it is a very good system but I ditched it, in the bin for later wasted too much time on it .
I installed HKS VPC YES VPC,this means i now have no airflow meters and have not had for a while,I have tested it with f con v worked ok but i installed a standard ecu and VPC and oh boy this was very good indeed but i had no control on ignition timing so after much deliberation decided to fit an APEXI power fc and oh boy oh boy this is what i have been missing, I cant tell you of the vast improvement in terms of torque and bhp as words can not describe it,I will post these when i go and visit tjs rollers soon but MY way of using these bits of kit has seemed to work and I feel sure it would benifit many other members, there is no down side of this conversion at all,it would sort out many problems such as bad cold running etc there is no loss of economy that i can gauge infact i think it is better and the purchase of these items will be benificial as whatever mod you carry out a quick tweek of the ecu and all things will run good again
The systems I sell will have some sort of protection built into them to secure MY data and this will be in the form of a sealing sticker over the entry to power fc data cable plug until APEXI send ME my special tuners key that scrambles my data so OTHER TUNERS CAN NOT READ MY DATA, the VPC is a little different as the display shows the setting but this is ok as i am sure it will take people a long while to understand the combination of the 12 clicks left and 12 clicks right which alters the running chareteristics of the MAIN ECU imensley BASICALLY 96 different combinations and i have found a way to remove the knobbs and adjust there positions so no one will know MY exact settings any way, there is one other addition and that is a hks GCC
I have provided this info so that you can benifit from the best way forward in my oppinion so I can now offer this GT-ART SYSTEM to other members I do however intend to fit HALTECH engine management to my car in the future as i have been working with them on a system called E11K this will be able to run full sequential ignition and injection as well as many other options i have discussed previosly
I can if required be contacted by e mail or fax 01273 494439 fax is better for me as i can act quicker in my response, I like to do a full days work without interuption so that i can concentrate on my clients cars more so have no day time number for enquires until i have saved up for my secetary :D and moved into my NEW PURPOSE BUILT PREMISES some time in february:D
I hope you have found this infomative and it has not been posted to the detriment of other tuners whom i respect BUT to make a CLAIM AS A FIRST FROM GT-ART
so in conclusion
APEXI POWER fc,VPC, GCC = GT-ART AVG system 1
Gary
GT-ART.CO.UK
PS next thread GEARBOX GEARBOX GEARBOX

·
Registered
997 Posts
VPC

I have been out in the Beast fitted with VPC & APEXi PFC and I was so impressed I`ve got it for my R33 as well!!!!!!A Dyno run at the excellent rolling road at Tuning Japanese will show me if my private guess on BHP is correct.

The Beast flew,it is unbelievable the way this combination works so brilliantly.Gary has used his Skyline,his money and his time not only to promote GT-ART this year but also to show us all that his developments are available for all our GT-R`s and they work too!

To all you guys already with APEXi PFC fitted,well you`re half way there,go for the VPC in your Christmas stockings;)

GT-ART,one step ahead,
Henry. :smokin:

ps.Before anyone asks,my Supra wouldn`t stand a chance now against the Beast,thats the difference with the new set up.

pps. there is going to be another midnight-purple R33 at the Grasshopper on the 22nd,thanks in advance "Santa" Gary.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Santa

Henry,

Glad to hear your motor will be back on the road soon:smokin: Can't wait to see the mods;) . Should be down to see Gary soon so may have a gander.

Hope to see you on the 22nd

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Cool Stuff

Good stuff Gary and Henry re the Apexi Power FC. About bloody time and all.

And come on Guy your turn for one. That HKS F Con just ain't upto the job. Get GT-ART to fit you one. You know you want to ;) . Plus the hand held remote LOOKS really good :smokin: .

Before I go good luck with the new premises Gary(not too much sand in that mix Henry :D ) and are you going to have an 'opening do'.

See ya's on the 22nd.

Keep well.

glen

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GT-ART

GUY
you remind me of an old school teacher:D Do you want to meet to see the car on the rollers sat maybe?
Glen
I think a party would be good idea will anounce nearer the time,
we could also play Garage music:D
Gary

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Phew

Guy. Steady on old-boy. Put the claws away. "Tis the season to be jolly" and all that :confused: .

glen

ps. Some people are so F*****G SERIOUS.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OHI!

OHI,
GET OFF MY THREAD IF YOU ARE GOING TO ARGUE START YOUR OWN
THE BATTLE OF THE BLUE R34s :D :D
Gary

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I Agree

Mind you it is the time of year I suppose when people get somewhat 'touchy'. And anyway "he started it" :D :p .

glen

ps. "and it's not your thread it's mine as well". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thread

Well
yes ok but only a little bit
How can you read a small pocket sized GPS , up hill at 180 accelerating and still drive then:D
Gary

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
early sat

Early sat,
around 8 am be good as i have a lot of work to do
ALSO 180 in the dark as well you should leave the GPS at home
too dangerouse
Gary:D

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RADAR

GUY
can i interest you in a radar detector
sorry could not resist an oppertunity will have one in my boot at GH :D :D :D
Gary

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TJs

Guy
now that is a damm good idea a GT-ART stager thinking about it there is one i will give stuart a call, i take it you want a large radar detector then roof mounted of course in blue:D
I will ring tim and then confirm with you and then henry could buy breakfast:D
Good night
Gary

·
Registered
666 Posts
TJ on Saturday

Buggah,
The missus is away and I am free and would have loved to come down for a meet but I need to go to MH to have the toy checked over.
See you all at GH on 22
Ged

·
Registered
997 Posts
YEAH,I GUESS I AM?

BREAKFAST,DYNO & BACK TO FINISH MY R33...................

LIFE HAS NEVER BEEN "THIS" GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Henry. (Little Chef OK? I`ve got a voucher!);)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Mmmmm

Pegleg.

Good chatting with you last weekend up in Newcastle. Just a shame it was so short.

So your missus ain't too keen on the speed of the car. Never mind :rolleyes: . It's sounds the total nuts and can't wait too see it on the 22nd.

glen

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Going Out

Hi Alan.

Nah going out in the Skyline ain't a problem, it's getting out of the house to get in the car which poses the problem :D .

Yeah see you on the 22nd :smokin: .

glen

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
map

Cem
you are learning,
I take it you have had one fitted
the map is only as good as the mapper and also you need a very fast exhaust gas analizer as well these aint cheap and even some of the expensive ones dont have temperature correction on the lambda reading ,i am very lucky as the one i brought from australia has full function and auto correction too mind you it cost the price of a good second hand car.

Gary
GT-ART .CO.UK

1 - 20 of 42 Posts