GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
I never quite understand these tests based on a single lap - surely a driver can't be 100% consistent on both laps, so it means if you did the laps again you could have an entirely different result? Granted it's only an indicator and a bit of fun!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its a ridiculous comparison as the biggest factor in people purchasing a car is cost. The Porsche is nearly 70 k more. Its like comparing a GTR to a Toyota Aygo.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Quite fun reading the comments though. Pork TTS is a very rapid car let's not delude ourselves though. It should be given 5yrs later tech dev and the added (costly) goodies that do make a lap time difference - esp brakes and suspension fettling.

·
Registered
941 Posts
'For nearly a decade'? I thought they were out in 2007 at the earliest?
Nice how he's driving it with barely any petrol in the GTR as well with it's range warning on 19 miles...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I guess it depends on how long he'd been ragging it and the history log. Getting 5mpg on track isn't unusual and the estimator uses the avg figure as the consumption following last reset. That said the actual gauge looked low too!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
FFS the Porker has CCB's LOL

He states "Mind blowing performance" but only 4 tenth of a sec quicker the guy is a Gestapo Staff Nazi VW Beetle lover !!!!

·
Registered
907 Posts
I think both the GTR and the Turbo S are great cars if i had enough room in my garage and alot more spare cash i would have both.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
70k difference?? holy shit.!!
so I could buy a GTR, take it to stage 4, which would then probably equal the Porsche,
still have change to buy an Aerial Atom for "fun" time on track, an all inclusive Caribbean holiday AND a Yamaha R1... pheweeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
70k difference?? holy shit.!!
so I could buy a GTR, take it to stage 4, which would then probably equal the Porsche,
still have change to buy an Aerial Atom for "fun" time on track, an all inclusive Caribbean holiday AND a Yamaha R1... pheweeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly Nick,
This is when you realise what the motor industry is becoming, an association of thieves. All these mega prices are taking the fun out of motoring for me. They are a total joke.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
^ hahahah.....

and sell our houses to do it. I heard the back seats are really comfortable in the new model... ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts