GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll probably get a slating for posting this as I'm a newbie to the forum and this isn't a Jap machine (but it is British). However, before I discovered the joys of GTR ownership, this was the car I dreamed of. I'm sure the users of this forum will appreciate it for what it is-

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/gtr/index.html

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I've driven in one and I know someone who has a full race version with a US tuned V8 etc etc.
Nice car, fast as heck, neutral handling, but it's too small for me..:mad:
Can be made yourself or tailormade by them; just say what you want.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If I sold the GTR and wanted something faster it would defo be one of these. In the US there is a road going one which does the 1/4 in high 7's @ 170+mph.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Dan said:
Never seen one on the road. Has anyone else? Or even had a burn with one??!!
I have...once when i picked my car up from Abbey, one was in front of me on the roads out. He headed in the same direction as me and when we got to the dual carriageway i tried to "tempt" him into showing me what it does, but he didn't want to know and let both me and my old man (in his UR) get on with it.

Shame really as i'd love to have seen it go....

Daz

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
And

when I was looking around some time ago I saw pics of a guy in the US who as developing one with TWIN TURBOS on it :eek: .

glen

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
A twin turbo chevy small block....hmmmmmm, that must go like shit off a shovel in a lightweight chassis like the Ultima.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Sure i saw 1 pulling into Hickstead showground last sunday as i was leaving. Did any1 else see it was a red 1?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just read a post on www.supraforums.com about a guy running an Ultima GTR with a destroked Chev 350 with twin T04 turbos. One of the guys on the board saw him running at his local dragstrip (in america), he got a 10.4, spinning the wheels up to the eighth mile :)

One of the UK MkIV Supra owners had a race with one a few weeks back . . . . "sort of a draw, maybe the Ultima was pulling away a tiny bit" :D Alex was running about 380-400bhp at the time, personally I don't think it was as close as he made out! ;)

Trouble is with these (and most other kitcars) is that you don't know what engine they are running. Ultimas are built with anything from 200bhp Rover 3.5 V8s, up to big block and forced-induction american V8's with 600bhp onwards . . .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts