GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've just got back in from 4 hours down at Ron's, and what a productive 4 hours it was. Well expensive anyway! :)

I took it down there on a trailer as it wasn't running. I havn't had it on the road for a year and the gearbox was whirring a little, so I thought I'd get it rebuilt and have it serviced. While it was there I thought I'd have the coilovers lowered a bit more and have a few other things tweaked.

Then Ron says "I've got some nice polished rocker covers". Well that was all the incentive I needed!! I think Ron regrets saying it now because I got Steve to strip almost everything I could poke my finger at so it could be polished! :D

Fingers crossed I should have it all back on the road healthy and shiny by the weekend. I need to do something to my bodywork though aswell. I got Ron to call Andy for a full Do-Luck kit, but he was out of the office and hasn't got back to us since. I'm thinking I might put a standard bumper back on with a carbon lip for the time being. I could do with a standard rear spoiler aswell. Anyone got one?

Nick.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like all the gears were worn so I think a new gearbox is next! :) Oh well at least my bay will be all shiny! :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I type in invisible writing most of the time because nobody can read my posts. Either that or I'm just boring! :D

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Trojansport said:
I think I type in invisible writing most of the time because nobody can read my posts. Either that or I'm just boring! :D
out of curiosity how much do they charge to have a look at the gearbox?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn you Vicenzo!!!!!! Probably right though! :D

What is it you've got wrong with it Faz? Where in London you from? Anywhere near me? I'm in Laindon. I know it's not really London, but you know. :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not ready yet Bajie. Should have all the gearbox sorted by the weekend I hope, and the polisher has promised all the bits back by Friday. I can't wait!!!! I think I was a magpie in a previous life! :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got off the phone to Ron, gearbox is pretty much sorted, just putting it back in now. I'm after a Garage Defend Cooling Panel aswell now, should be able to get one in the next couple of days if Ron can get it. Hmmmmmm..... what else do I want? :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldn't have a clue how much Ron would charge for this Mitch, I just asked him to fix whatever was wrong with it. Give him a call, that would be my advise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts