GTR Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Oil cooler ..., transmission cooler ..., MFD cooler ... :chuckle:
You could be onto something here.. as there looks like a "clarion labelled" amp type unit located under the passengers seat, which doesn't seem adequately cooled?

Could it be similar to the audi fibre loop setup, where if the bose amp goes, it all fails..:confused:

You could be onto something here.. as there looks like a "clarion labelled" amp type unit located under the passengers seat, which doesn't seem adequately cooled?

Could it be similar to the audi fibre loop setup, where if the bose amp goes, it all fails..:confused:
I have an aftermarket amp in my boot and had that amp removed when mine failed.

The Bose amp (made by Clarion) is under the passenger seat. There is a grille above it to help ventilation. I've not heard of one overheating. In the USA, there are guys in Vegas driving around in 40 degree heat day in and day out and of course plenty of tracked cars. There might be a fault which might come to light in heat....probably a dry joint, but most problems with audio come from the AV unit failing. When you get problems, do you lose ALL sound.....phone, nav, music etc?

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Mine has now had three sessions where it has stopped working in recent weeks. The screen loses the MFD visual function, a message comes onto the display which says "there is a problem with your HDD, visit your Nissan main dealer". Below that message the temp control is shown and this still functions. All music and AV fails to work. When it goes into this situation it is normally on start up and the initial clue it is going to happen is the GTR logo stays on for a couple of minutes rather than a few seconds, then the screen comes up with the above message. This is a non nav system and is a warranty replacement for the first one which failed, this unit is about two years old and I fully expect it will fail completely in a fairly short period of time.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.