GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well still giving the car it's first full detial ready for some miles this weekend, but looked down at the rear wheel tonight and saw this:

So close to the side wall, presures ok at mo, so just need to find a place in Essex (near Braintree) that could replace/fix? Any one know of anywhere that can handle this? Hopefully it's fixable, don't wanna have to fork out for new trye with less than 300 miles on it really :(

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I know this may sound odd, but if theres no air leak you could just carry on driving on it and the nail will smooth off very quickly. Im a taxi driver and do around 150 miles a day in a busy city and i pick up loads of nails, only ever had 2 that have penentrated the actual tyre and needed for a repair.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know this may sound odd, but if theres no air leak you could just carry on driving on it and the nail will smooth off very quickly. Im a taxi driver and do around 150 miles a day in a busy city and i pick up loads of nails, only ever had 2 that have penentrated the actual tyre and needed for a repair.
Cheers mate, i must admit i've had 3 or 4 nails over the past few years (strangley 2 in the porker and 2 in the R34) and all needed fixing, so just mu luck this will nned replacing lol, hopeing that it could be fixed as i know the side was has not be damaged from deflation, but the screew may be too close.

As long as it does not leak and spark on the road :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry but that looks very much like the last of that tyre, tooooooo close to the edge for a repair, if you get stuck get in touch as I own a tyre shop.

Andy.

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Andy if that's the case you should price up dunlop and bridgestone tyres for us.

of course if you start trading you will need a banner :)

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
I am PR its part of my job!

look I might not mean the second statement but if moleman catches me I'm dead meat

yes moleman is away for a few days as well

·
Registered
485 Posts
So close to the side wall, presures ok at mo, so just need to find a place in Essex (near Braintree) that could replace/fix? Any one know of anywhere that can handle this?
Sorry to see that Andy... I will ask the guy I get my tyres from (Rainham Tyres) to sere whether he would be prepared to give it a go. I've been meaning to call him to see if he can work his usual magic on pricing for the Dunlops and/or Bridgestones. I'll let you know ASAP...

·
Registered
634 Posts
That is way to close to the sidewall to be safe to repair. I would not drive that in that state other than to get it replaced - you boot it and that gives way and £500 for a new tyre will be the smallest part of the bill.

Kp

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
I'm going to start looking for all these carpenters dropping nails everywhere

1. we could do with a list of places that can get tyres in most areas
  2. who can repair the tyres
  3. prices from these places

even more so as mine are wearing

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Sorry to see that Andy... I will ask the guy I get my tyres from (Rainham Tyres) to sere whether he would be prepared to give it a go. I've been meaning to call him to see if he can work his usual magic on pricing for the Dunlops and/or Bridgestones. I'll let you know ASAP...
Thanks mate :thumbsup: would be really kind of you :). Good idea Robbie, i think a list would be great, i've even had a reasonable quote from a HPC :eek:. Maybe we should start a slush fund and all chip in, then we could then donate it to the next carpenters victims (i'm in for £20)?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Who do I get in touch with as regards getting price for a Banner, it may suit some of you in the south east as we are just off J8 M25 in Surrey.

We do this on the Disco3 forum where the cost is not too high.

Andy.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Do it. That is a short squirt up the A3 from me and the way I drive I am gonna need a new set sooner than later.

Kp

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have sent in a request on costs etc, we will wait and see.

I will get a set of Dunlops in stock, we don't do Nitrogen fill though, will look into it.

Andy.

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Andy, Bridgestones might be cheaper and last long + thats what I have already :chuckle:

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just got my second puncture on my rear driver side tyre after only a month or so and its the same f*****G tyre talk about bad luck.
the screw is right in the middle gonna try and see if my local guy will repair second puncture on the same tyre.
this puncture is very slow and the screw is small ,hopefully will repair if not i am gonna get a pair of bridgestones.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Who do I get in touch with as regards getting price for a Banner, it may suit some of you in the south east as we are just off J8 M25 in Surrey.
Andy - you should be able to get details from any of the mods (RobbieJ, Fuggles, Mookistar, SnowFiend etc.) but I think the one you want is Moleman. Send him a pm...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts