GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it was about time to say hello as I spend most my nights getting moaned at by the misses for spending all night on the forum my names Matt I'm from Lincolnshire. Owned a r33 gtst about 3 years ago. After having a few scoobys and 350z I missed the straight 6 roar so had to treat my self again. So couple of months ago I thought I was about time I jumped onto the GTR wagon and got myself a R33 GTR. Just abit about myself, I was an auto electrician for 6.5 years but left last years to go work for the RAC as a patrol. So any auto electrics questions I'll try give abit of advise now ive worked out how to post lol. Sorry but I'm a forum virgin and never had nothing to do with them. (Post wise) Hopefully hear from me abit more from now on.

Also would like to thank JDM garage for the drift works alloy radiator and saifskyline for the hks inlet and exhaust gaskets. Have done abit to the car already since owning. First thing was tidy all the wiring up as it always bugs me with old cars. So had a few days on that, sourced a standard bonnet as when car was brought it had fibreglass bonnet with vents in and every time I washed it it cover everything in the engine bay with water. So that is my next little project now to remove and paint inlet/rockers/can etc once I have decided what colour I'm going for. Also whats people opinions on cam belt kits? Oem? Went out for a ride the other night and I sprung another leak :eek: so if any one can tell me where to get a pipe from would be very helpfully or weather the pipe comes in a silicone hose kit or not. I'll try explain we're the hose Is. On the front of the engine under the CAS there is a metal water pipe that runs from one side the the other and on each end of the metal tube there is rubber elbows wich one joins to before the thermostat housing and other goes to turbo water hoses. It's the turbo side I need but want to replace both. Thanks for your help in advance. Matt

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Welcome Matt, once you have 15 posts you'll be able to post pics. Another R33 owner is always nice :)! The hoses you can pick up from ebay cheap, they are the very thin diameter that run across the front of the engine under the cas?

Get some silicone replacements, or just buy some rubber hose off ebay eith the same diameter.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Welcome to the forum Matt!!

Timing belt wise there are a few options....you can go aftermarket such as HKS, Tomei, Nismo etc but to be honest they are big money for not a lot of benefit. I use a Dayco belt which is OEM quality at sensible price. Im sure folks will try to convince you that £200 for a kevlar belt is needed but it isn't....

As fot the water pipe, i have one off an r32 GTR. If its the same as an R33 you can have it.

TT
(scott)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your help guys. The only thing is the silicon kits of eBay, does that bit of pipe defi come with it? I've bodged it for now with another bit of hose and an elbow but would rather have the correct piece because of the angle and twists in it. Thanks for the offer mate :) if I'm still struggling and can't get new ones I'll take you up on that offer

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not that I want anyone to see lol. The fibreglass bonnet vents were directly above the inlet and u wanna see the state of it :-0 lol. That's t I'm getting gaskets cambelt a and that to do it all in one go while it's apart do the servicing and crinkle finish the paintwork I think. Just gotta look into it to find out how easy/hard it is to do. What oil do you run in yours mate?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Did you ever get an answer to the pipe question? I am currently putting my 33 back on the since since it was parked in 2009. I have the engine sitting out at the minute with turbos off. Most of the pipes look okay but noticed the ebay autobahn kits and for peace of mind wouldn't mind spending the money replacing the smaller hoses like the one you require but I wasn't sure if those kits come with everything.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Not that I want anyone to see lol. The fibreglass bonnet vents were directly above the inlet and u wanna see the state of it :-0 lol. That's t I'm getting gaskets cambelt a and that to do it all in one go while it's apart do the servicing and crinkle finish the paintwork I think. Just gotta look into it to find out how easy/hard it is to do. What oil do you run in yours mate?
I ran 10w60 in mine

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you ever get an answer to the pipe question? I am currently putting my 33 back on the since since it was parked in 2009. I have the engine sitting out at the minute with turbos off. Most of the pipes look okay but noticed the ebay autobahn kits and for peace of mind wouldn't mind spending the money replacing the smaller hoses like the one you require but I wasn't sure if those kits come with everything.
No mate not yet but might be a few more guys commenting later on.ill pm u as soon as I find out or if u could let me no if u find out please. The thing is as well I think I'm going to have black silicon so there not so many kits about

·
Registered
127 Posts
No mate not yet but might be a few more guys commenting later on.ill pm u as soon as I find out or if u could let me no if u find out please. The thing is as well I think I'm going to have black silicon so there not so many kits about
No worries I emailed one of the sellers and the weren't very forthcoming with what pipes came in the kit LOL

Have at look at this kit do any of the pipes look like the one you require? Ebay 310985845361

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've just emailed on as well. I'm pritty sure the autobahn kit hasent got that piece of pipe I need Cus there all fat pipes but there is a Chinese seller on there with a 24 piece set and I think that might include by looks of it. I have emailed him and I'll let u no what he says :bowdown1: fingers crossed

1 - 20 of 37 Posts