GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently sold my R33 GTR and went for a R35 GTR. Only owned it 2 weeks, but already loving it, seems a handful in the wet compared to my old R33.

It's had a fair amount of work done too.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Very nicce ! :)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Looks great esp the wheels.
Re handling in the wet there is a big difference with tyres and related sizes.
I think the order of best performance in very wet conditions for most is as follows:
Michelin PSS - best by quite a margin
Bridgestone - best RF but still not that good.
Dunlop - Can be scary
Toyo - Can be scarier

Others can put right as necessary. but there are lots of threads around on this.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure about it's power, it has a bespoke 1 off Map with 3 settings.

It has had the following done over the standard car.

HKS Intercooler Kit
HKS GT570 Racing Package
HKS GT570 - 600 Upgrade Package
HKS Forged Pistons and Rods
HKS Head gaskets
750cc Injectors
Cobb Tuning Bigger MAF Pipes
AP J Grooved Front and Rear brake disc
R-Spec Uprated Pads
Do-Luck Carbon Front Splitter
Gearbox removed and rebuilt for 800bhp
VR.G2 20 x 10 ET35 Fronts
VR.G2 20 x 11 ET15 Rears

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The R35 is a totally different car to my R33 GTR. I had my R33 with a full track setup, So Toyo R888 and everything else.

The R33 GTR feels a lot lighter car to control than the R35. The R35 is far more comfortable and actually gives better fuel consumption. The R33 felt more predictable, where as if I press the loud pedal in the R35 in the wet, it can be scary !

Gear changes cannot be compared, the R35 is so much faster it is like comparing chalk and cheese.

Saying that I had K sport 8pot front with Pagid RS29 pads and Ksport 4 pots rear with Pagid RS29 on my old R33 and compared to my R35, I am fairly confident my R33 GTR would stop quicker and with a better brake feel.

Anything else you guys want me to compare just ask.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also the rear parking sensors on my R35 are so sensitive there almost useless, as they go nuts even if the wall is like 5 meters away still.

Is this common or do mine need to be reset ?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Great looking car. I'm still on RF Dunlops but they don't inspire a lot of confidence when there's much standing water around. Saying that mine are getting low on tread depth so I'll need some new boots soon.

My rear parking sensors are the same.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm on dunlops too, reading the above I might give a Set of Michelin PSS a go, as in the isle of man it rain's 80% of the year, so good grip in the wet is needed.

·
R35 Section manager
11,052 Posts
Had my 33 for 9 years and almost 2 years ago went for the 35. I dont really use mine in the wet as its a 2nd car but if I have been out in the car when its started to rain its been pretty well behaved.

·
R35 Section manager
11,052 Posts
I am fairly confident my R33 GTR would stop quicker and with a better brake feel.

QUOTE]

I thought that at first about my 33 which had Stoptech calipers but then I realised I was travelling the same roads but at a much higher speed in the 35 so I actually think now that if both the 33 and 35 were at the same speed when braking the 35 would stop quicker.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Not sure about it's power, it has a bespoke 1 off Map with 3 settings.

It has had the following done over the standard car.

HKS Intercooler Kit
HKS GT570 Racing Package
HKS GT570 - 600 Upgrade Package
HKS Forged Pistons and Rods
HKS Head gaskets
750cc Injectors
Cobb Tuning Bigger MAF Pipes
AP J Grooved Front and Rear brake disc
R-Spec Uprated Pads
Do-Luck Carbon Front Splitter
Gearbox removed and rebuilt for 800bhp
VR.G2 20 x 10 ET35 Fronts
VR.G2 20 x 11 ET15 Rears

That spec, particularly with uprated intercooler and forged internals looks like it should be ripe for significant power. The only thing I can see that is stopping that is the injectors, which must be right on the limit now. 1050cc seems the norm for 600hp and thats on standard internals.

Does the HKS 570/600 racing package retain the standard turbos?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am of the opinion I am on standard turbos but I have uprated HKS actuators on them.

On the paper work it says the car was mapped to produce 663bhp

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Most change onto the bigger 1050 injectors as at 600hp the stock injectors are getting near their total capacity. Whilst the 750 injectors may be ok for this, if larger ones were fitted and the car remapped then I think you might be on for a decent power increase.

If you changed the turbos then a huge increase would be possible. Seems crazy to have a forged lump and only be set up for lower power and stock turbos.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts