GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big thanks to David et al at Nobles in Edinburgh for an awesome handover today of my Black, Black Ed.
I plan on keeping my car 3 odd years so it's good to know that my HPC is one that i feel very comfortable with.

This will sound strange to most of you, but I was a bit apprehensive about picking up the car having only really driven it at Silverstone and as a passenger in Need4Speeds Black Black Ed on Sunday. I was slightly concerned that it would be a handful on roads i didn't know and i didn't want to damage my first ever new car!!
And i'd rather it was stealth than having lots of people pointing and staring at it. That's just me in terms of showing off wealth (or finance!). So all those things kinda tainted the lead up to it. Not to mention some serious work issues.......

BUT i've never felt so comfortable in such a powerful so quickly. It took me longer to get used to my 335D!! The car is such a pussy cat with 6th gear kicking in at under 30mph but it still having plenty of pick up if needed. And it drives sooooo easily. And the attention it got was all very positive. And it wasn't that bad. Although up the east coast i'm guessing they are 10 a penny as that's where most of them in Scotland have seemed to find homes!

And i was pleasantly surprised by the Sat Nav. I used it straight out the dealers to take me to [email protected] (although he said i could go for an extended run and turn up at 5 rather than 4, so i went via Anstruther - where it drew a crowd as i went for a fish supper!) in Markinch, and the Sat Nav and camera info was brilliant. Far better than my BMW Sat Nav. The screen res is higher too. The unit will play Divx movies too. But i need to check the manuals for details.
Oh and this is a big shift! I've always thought that Apple was style over substance (except for Logic), but having seen how well an Ipod integrates with the MFD, i think i'm going to have to get one. Now that's a big thing. Even my ex couldn't get me an Ipod!! :D

Even though i dropped the car off with Paul 6 hours ago, i'm still grinning at how great the car is. I'm looking forward to picking it up on Sunday once it's been detailed and had some electronics fited.
I think i'm going to do lots more exploring of Scotland in this car and will have to get my 6,000 miles per annum insurance policy amended!

I'd like to thank Charles Charlie for all his help in terms of mods. I unashamedly have copied most of his mods! And it's been easy because of how helpful he's been. Also Need4Speed for coming round on Sunday and putting me at ease. Cheers guys.

What a car! I'm even contemplating using it everyday. That's how comfortable i felt in the car in the space of a few hours!

BTW - David Noble was very complimentary of GTROC which surprised me, because i'm sure all my emails about stuff i'd read on here, probably caused him tons of headaches. But he said the delivery process was helped by GTROC. So well done guys :clap:

I could keep typing and typing but you guys already know what i can say. 1100 miles to go till optimisation!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I picked up my Red Premium sat nav on Monday from Marshalls. Only two issues on handover: the rev sensors Nissan supplied were faulty so Marshalls will fit a new set on optimisation, and Nissan are now out of supply of the "standard" floor mats so hope to pick them up at the same time.

Otherwise- WOW. Even to 3500 rpm at half throttle other traffic mysteriously vanishes, and those Brembos pull your face off, as I discovered when Corsa driven by Mr Knob pulled out in front of me on the A14 coming back, doing 35 mph. I was doing a little more.

Both the satnav and the Bose stereo are very impressive. I really like the "speed camera- 400 yards" voice warning.

It is attracting a lot of attention although some of it is from teenage lads with baseball caps on backwards.

So far- 250 miles- 20.6 mpg but expect that's the best I'll see once the upper reaches of the rev range begin to be explored.

Oh- Phil at Marshalls thought that the satnav cars had a different exhaust
note- a bit more raspy. The technician thought that someone at Yokohama had been having a fiddle. Anyone else think so ?

I'm using it to commute into Birmingham for a few days to get "granny" mode done with, although in full auto in traffic it's just as driveable as anything else.

Looking forward to life after 1200 miles, or as a mate said when he texted me yesterday " Are you dead yet ?"
It was a very long wait but worth it!

Regards

Rod

·
Registered
300 Posts
nice write up !

Even if i have my own in the garage, i'am always happy to read about new happy owners !

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Glad to hear you all enjoying your cars! I have the long winter wait then I should get mine around April time next year! Good news about the exhaust if it's true as well!

·
Registered
290 Posts
ROBB

Interesting comment on the exhaust, I was through at Nobles last week and I stopped as I thought the car the mechanic was driving had been modified with a Y pipe conversion and I wanted a closer look to make up my mind. Mechanic thought it was a little louder and thraspier although he said it was standard.

Only 33 days to go. What extras do you have? fitted or about to be fitted. I am not going for the tracker, GAP insurance will cover that, thinking of parking sensor though and I am considering a a full detail at Paul's, I normally do my own as I have the machines and the time, but I am thinking of getting it started on the right foot.

Lindsay

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ROBB

Interesting comment on the exhaust, I was through at Nobles last week and I stopped as I thought the car the mechanic was driving had been modified with a Y pipe conversion and I wanted a closer look to make up my mind. Mechanic thought it was a little louder and thraspier although he said it was standard.

Only 33 days to go. What extras do you have? fitted or about to be fitted. I am not going for the tracker, GAP insurance will cover that, thinking of parking sensor though and I am considering a a full detail at Paul's, I normally do my own as I have the machines and the time, but I am thinking of getting it started on the right foot.

Lindsay
I know you're not addressing me...but my car is currently at Paul's for detailing. I take it you've seen the thread on DW?
Mine is a Black Black Ed. Need4Speed is taking his Black, Black Ed Friday. And i know another guy who is taking his Black, Black Ed when he gets it. I think he's being kept busy with GTRs!!

I'll post photos when i get it back from Paul, so you can see the difference he's made.

I only went Y-Pipe, Mats (not CF) and 4 light conversion kit when they get it in stock.

I'm getting Rear Cam, LI Parking Sensors and Anti-hijack fitted while Paul has it.

I have the tracker Horizon, and also have RTI insurance. My thoughts are that i'd rather not have a claim for theft, even with Protected NCB. So the horizon should hopefully stop anyone picking up the car and moving it even with a GPS blocker.
But if i were to have an accident in a few years time the RTI insurance will come in handy. If not, i'm still a happy man as i'm still driving my car :)

I'm amazed that Nissan fitted such a good screen to the GTR and haven't utilised Cameras or top notch integrated parking sensors in the car (ala BMW).
Maybe 2011 cars will get all that! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts