GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BNR32 (R33 engine)

just come back from a little drive to the shops.(you know the sort,go shop 5min away and end up detouring on way home,lol)

Well whilst driving i started to hear a high pictched squeeling sound,not to loud but can be heard. Was trying to figure out where it was coming from, it came and went.

Eventually on return to home whilst car was idling it still was there. Engine seems to be boosting/running spot on.
Also recently when i turn my ignition to the first click iv started to hear (not all the time though) a noise that can be only described as someone who aint good at playing a note on a bagpipe from the rear of the car (hicas is still active).

Dont know if the two problems are connected in anyway.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
the squeel sounds like the fan elt could be loose, the second sound could be the fuel pump

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried to locate where abouts noise is coming from and i think its from the front of engine near to where the belts are so could be fan belt,i hope.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also have a look around the water pump area...
Was going to ask about that as reading up on other owners fan belt squeels it seems that they occur from cold start up but mines aint doing it from cold, the noise only starts when car is warmed up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts