GTR Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Yeah, I'm just saying that this particular design is not snake oil.
That maybe so but lest at least give some credit where its due. Not everyone who Owns an RB engine is an Engineer who can fab up their Own bespoke parts in their private Tool room as and when required joshuaho96.

So when somebody (It doesn't matter who) takes the time and effort to produce an on the shelf part for everybody to purchase or consume (if they deem they need to), This (IMHO) can only be a good thing for the whole Community.

Its all to easy to publically criticise Folk and vent lyrical in this modern internet age but any form of praise on the other hand seems to be severely lacking on ye-olde-interwebs..... :(

·
Registered
138 Posts
Again, I'm not aiming to criticize Supertec, they seem to do solid work. I can't personally testify one way or another so I don't think it's my place to praise/criticize them. If they do good work, more power to them. My comments were with regard to claims that billet flat gears is equivalent to a spline drive gears due to crank whip affecting both of them.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Yeah, I'm just saying that this particular design is not snake oil.
It is not snake oil. It works and is tried and tested we provide an alternative if people want to buy they can if people want to argue they can. We have our customers who are happy and we also have repeat customers in the tuning scene. We cover a bigger range of pumps than the other company who makes them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It is not snake oil. It works and is tried and tested we provide an alternative if people want to buy they can if people want to argue they can. We have our customers who are happy and we also have repeat customers in the tuning scene. We cover a bigger range of pumps than the other company who makes them.
We're agreeing here. I'm not the one that claimed billet flat == spline drive gears.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Im sure you have many happy customers and have a great product but IMO its overkill for a ~600bhp street motor, there has not been any reported failures of billet gears and there are 100x as many ppl running them vs spline drive (mainly cause they have been out for many years). If I were revving the car to 10k, had a 2-step and planned on doing tons of launches I would opt for the spline drive. Since I don't plan on any of that so ill take the $700 saved and put it towards pistons.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts