GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Surprisingly unstable, looks like it behaves like a 2wd with traction control off, nasty.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Dunlop summer run-flats (the Nurburgring tyre) is surprisingly snappy in the wet.

Mine have done 4000 miles and are very worn which makes them worse.

I was on about a quarter throttle in 4th when it went!

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Was the passenger along to keep an eye on transmission temps? ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
That vid is such good quality!! Nice work :) "Look I'm just trying to handle this beast with no traction control on, but please feel free to chat in my ear... don't need to concentrate at all!!"... ROFL I like one of the 'tags: plonker' hahaha

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Was the passenger along to keep an eye on transmission temps? ;)
No, it was my lucky-ass sister who was there for a day of driving her fella's A5 and wound up a passenger with David, and then getting a lap in a Gumpert Apollo! Jealous, me? Nah...

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, it was my lucky-ass sister who was there for a day of driving her fella's A5 and wound up a passenger with David, and then getting a lap in a Gumpert Apollo! Jealous, me? Nah...
No way! Ruth never told me her brother had a GT-R! Small world...

Yup, she had the right idea; hang around the Evo boys and get passenger rides in some unusual cars. Few people bothered.

That Gumpert was insane. They were going to let me drive it, but it developed a fuel pick-up problem. John Barker took me out in it anyway; proper downforce!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
No way! Ruth never told me her brother had a GT-R! Small world...

Yup, she had the right idea; hang around the Evo boys and get passenger rides in some unusual cars. Few people bothered.

That Gumpert was insane. They were going to let me drive it, but it developed a fuel pick-up problem. John Barker took me out in it anyway; proper downforce!
Yeah those Gumperts are immense, talk about a bit of luck getting the chance of a ride in one, let alone potentially a drive. What was it there for anyway?

After her laps with you I was trying to ask Ruth what her objective comparison was from the passenger seat between your 35 and the 32 GT-R with 550bhp. I got lots of giggling and some talk of you racing a certain yellow car...

Suffice to say you made her day!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah those Gumperts are immense, talk about a bit of luck getting the chance of a ride in one, let alone potentially a drive. What was it there for anyway?

After her laps with you I was trying to ask Ruth what her objective comparison was from the passenger seat between your 35 and the 32 GT-R with 550bhp. I got lots of giggling and some talk of you racing a certain yellow car...

Suffice to say you made her day!
Yeah, overall, it wasn’t a bad day!

For a fair objective comparison between the R32 GT-R and David’s R35, I think I would need to go out in both cars again, maybe at the next evo trackday! I promise I wont cackle the whole way round…

The Gumpert was unbelievable - it was planted and faultless, carrying ridiculous speeds. The Gumpert guys said they was at the trackday to promote themselves as the UK distributors. I was driving home and saw the Apollo S in my rear view mirror – I nearly took a huge detour, but realised the Honda, as mighty as it is, would not stand a chance of ‘playing’ with the Gumpert.

What a great day it was!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Something has to be wrong / broken with that car. That is like my old 32 GTR in 2WD mode...

diesel / oil on the track?

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope, just very worn Dunlop summer tyres.

The corner where I spun is notoriously slippery though, but that's no excuse as I'd done quite a few laps in the rain before spinning!

However with the worn tyres, the car really has to be driven with VDC on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts