GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Blimey. That other black one had knackered rear wishbone I think, this might fo for more !!!!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow that front chasis is bent!
Nothing a good chassis jig wouldn't sort out, all the chassis rail bits are also available from nissan. I repaired a s14a when they were worth proper money which was far worse than this. That had entire drivers chassis leg top and bottom from the strut top forward and front crossmember inner wings ect all brand new from nissan.

At the time it was a good way to get a car i otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford. If i had a spare 30K I would l love to buy this one

·
Registered
535 Posts
it's mad that this is written off! Ok, I wouldn't want it but its a bit scary that this amount of damage can write off a fifty grand motor!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's mad that this is written off! Ok, I wouldn't want it but its a bit scary that this amount of damage can write off a fifty grand motor!
The others I have seen i could understand why, but this as you say "should" have been repaired. The number of aftermarket bits avaialble i.e bumper, bonnet, wings, intercoolers, radiator oil coolers. If you werent fussy about the safety related bits (i.e delete airbags & stupid pop up bonnet system) you could put it back together without the need for many OEM bits other than chassis parts.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I wish people would stop putting them up on here as for people trying to buy them of the sites. It makes them so much more expensive with everyone knowing about them :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
You would be surprised on how much the assesor would have quoted on that to be repaired probably close to 30K and the price of parts for everything new.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
You would be surprised on how much the assesor would have quoted on that to be repaired probably close to 30K and the price of parts for everything new.
Yea they done that to my 350z.

They said £13000 in parts alone and i done it for £1500 :chuckle:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish people would stop putting them up on here as for people trying to buy them of the sites. It makes them so much more expensive with everyone knowing about them :chuckle:
The polish and and other Eu coutries are the ones who put up lots of money for these cars, I bet it goes abroad as over there it could be repaired, reregistered then it would lose the CAT C tag as it only follows its UK reg.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts