GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I'm looking at setting up an anti lag system on the r33 to keep the turbos spooled while on track during shifts, kind of like WRC cars do.

My question is, should I use the Antilag system built into the Hks fcon v I have or is there are more advanced independent solution?

Thanks in advance all

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does the hks ecu allow you to open the throttle plates and have a roving or rotational idle so the engine doesnt rev up? others would just use a bypass valve a big one
I'm not sure, basically I'm looking for the best solution to keep the turbos spun up while gear changing in the corners, I'm guessing some kind of Antilag system but having never used on before I've no idea what or who to look at using

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right I've done some research and it looks like the bypass valve is the way to go, so what I need to know is is there a compatible bypass valve that can attach to my hks fcon v so the Hks can be programmed to open and close the valve when used on track and disable the use of the valve when drive normally.

·
Registered
752 Posts
you need the following:
An ecu that has a dedicated input to activate a rally type antilag strategy, if this not present on your hks ecu you could have a tps vs. rpm table that allows you to retard timing to around 25-35deg ATDC on the low tps values(0%) and mid to high rpm zones say above 3500rpm.
Your hks unit would also need an output that can activate a relay that will drive the bypass valve.
If you ecu has a dedicated antilag feature you have to enable and program it, some are simple some are more complex having tables for retard and cut values also enrichment tables, like motecs, most of them have outputs that can be used to drive relays during antilag events.
These standalone ecus also have a roving idle or rotational idle feature that removes injection pulses in different sequences which allows the engine not to rev freely due to an open throttle plate(so that the bypassing air will build boost by being burnt in the retarded spark stage) which also gives a nice lumpy and loud idle.
The more boost you build during antilag the hotter your air will get and of course the faster the boost will reach its peak as soon as you hit the throttle again. Its a very stressfull situation for exhaust manifold, have that in mind

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you need the following:
An ecu that has a dedicated input to activate a rally type antilag strategy, if this not present on your hks ecu you could have a tps vs. rpm table that allows you to retard timing to around 25-35deg ATDC on the low tps values(0%) and mid to high rpm zones say above 3500rpm.
Your hks unit would also need an output that can activate a relay that will drive the bypass valve.
If you ecu has a dedicated antilag feature you have to enable and program it, some are simple some are more complex having tables for retard and cut values also enrichment tables, like motecs, most of them have outputs that can be used to drive relays during antilag events.
These standalone ecus also have a roving idle or rotational idle feature that removes injection pulses in different sequences which allows the engine not to rev freely due to an open throttle plate(so that the bypassing air will build boost by being burnt in the retarded spark stage) which also gives a nice lumpy and loud idle.
The more boost you build during antilag the hotter your air will get and of course the faster the boost will reach its peak as soon as you hit the throttle again. Its a very stressfull situation for exhaust manifold, have that in mind
Thanks for the info, the Hks f con can control the valve so all I need now is to find a good bypass valve, there doesn't seem to be much info about on what to go for though, I've also spoke to a company about fabricating the manifold out of inconel which should be good for withstanding that kind of combustion.

·
Registered
752 Posts
no problem, some say there is a big mercedes IAC valve (bosch) that could bypass enough air, remember you have to use a relay to drive it, and drive the relay with the ecu`s output.
You could also ask for ceramic coating fot the exhaust manifolds...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts