GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Just joined this Forum in the hope of finding an R32 or 33 GTR. Dont really have a clue about them and I was wondering do any of you have advice for a first time GTR buyer? Ive roughly 7.5k to spend and im doing my best to find the right one for me. Ive sold my mint rev3 mr2 turbo to fund it so it has to be perfect or ill be gutted that it was sold for nothing. So as above. Any advice? Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Id say your better suited with a R32 in good condition then with a R33 in bad condition...good R33´s are a bit over 9000-10000gbp id say from what you can see here in the sale section,good R32´s can be bought for around 7000gpb...

Id look for a R32 with a rebuild engine(saves a lot in the longrun) and good bodywork condition,small things like worn seats etc can be repaired cheap but the mechanic of the car is expensive to repair;)

best luck finding a good car:thumbsup:

·
Registered
571 Posts
You have most definately come to the right place, there is enough information on this site to last a lifetime, (inc. updates :p) try the search option this topic gets covered all the time :thumbsup: . The people on here are very nice and seem to be as enthusiastic as yourself.

I can't advise you personally as I have yet to embark on my Skyline career :chuckle:

7.5K should be able to get you a fairly decent example in regards an R32 GTR - without a question as for the R33 I'm sure the same budget would still get similar condition models, but the R33's seem to shine at around the 9/10k mark. Be sure to check out the cars for sale on this forum though in the dedicated section, many of which have been cared for by enthusiastic owners.

Good Luck with your search and welcome to the GTR Register!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, Thanks for the replies! Ive noticed what your saying about 32s within regards to price, But after seeing this 33GTR; http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/123573-r33-gtr-midnight-purple-423bhp.html Im quite tempted, But im not even sure if thats the sorta spec I should be looking for. Seems good though as its had a rebuild and has service history from '97. Do prefer the aggressive look of the 32. Just not sure whats a good one to go for!!

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
there are example's of R33 GTR's to be had for £7.5k aswell,it all depends on what you want on it when you get one....

The one's that go for £10k etc have a fair bit of tuning on them,i've been watching the market for month's now,and standard example go for alot less,there have been 2 UK R33 GTR's sell for under £7k,both where standard,this was over a month ago,maybe two month's ago now..

Test drive both,the interior in the R32 put's me off them

·
Registered
3,104 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
don't go on just what you can get for your money ...the 32 and 33's are completly different animals ..the 32 is totally raw beast like a gokart with 650hp :thumbsup: perfect in my opinion ... whereas the 33 is a bit softer ..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im hearing complaints on interior but to be totally honest thats easily fixed with a rollcage and two front seats of choice with cards trimmed to match. I wish I had the luxury of test driving both, but I like the sound of a go kart as thats basically what the mr2 was. Hopefully the skylines tail aint as sideways obsessed though... Anyone know of any really good 32's for sale around the 7.5k mark? Im looking but really am not sure whats best!

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
IMO,the car's drive quite similar unless your really pushing them,for daily driving it won't make much difference....
regarding the interior,it's the actual dash that i dislike,the rest is ok

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah, Thanks for the info. Really do prefer the 32s more aggressive stance so ill probably go for one of those. If the 33 isnt any good that is, Cause I really like that one plus its in my price range AND country. If not then ill just have to wait for a really nice, well modded 32 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Ah... you just miss it.
My mate just sold his mint Gun Metal R32 GTR with forge piston, steel turbo, uprated brakes and suspension, etc.... for just about £7.5K.

I'll let you know if the sales fall though... the buyer is coming from Holland to pick it up this weekend... :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts