GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been out of the loop for a while, but would just like to know if any minutes will be posted from the AGM?

Either that or if I've missed them could someone kindly post a link?

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Hey Scott - how are things? Malcolm is going to be posting them up shortly (it was only last Saturday).

Hope things are good with you.

Rog

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Things are great thanks for asking Roger.

I'll keep my eye out for Malc's summary in that case. :)
Hello blast from the past :thumbsup:

Glad to hear your well, hope the wife and kiddies are grand too ;)

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Can't believe members wind down their involvement when they have kids:rolleyes:

Hoping to not have any more myself so I can come out more!

:chuckle::p:eek::eek:

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Can't believe members wind down their involvement when they have kids:rolleyes:

Hoping to not have any more myself so I can come out more!

:chuckle::p:eek::eek:
:bowdown1: :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
Yes folks..

"We are pleased that Jeff Ludgate (ludders) will continue in his role as GTROC straight line events manager and will be organising not only our stands at for example the Japshow but will also once again this year be our Team Captain and organiser of the GTROC Ten of The Best Team entry".

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
GTROC AGM 2013
...... It is with great honour that we are able to confirm that Hiroshi Tamura has kindly agreed to continue in his role as GTROC Honorary President.

...... MrTamura is highly respected for his long an influential involvement within Nissan Japan in the development of the many models of GTR.

...... John has also agreed to continue as the Club Ambassador to Japan where we will continue to benefit from his vast experience and personal network.
The above extracts are welcome news and I would ask that the provision and effective distribution of OEM Skyline parts becomes a key objective of Mr Tamura and John. The current situation is poor and is a distinguishing feature of Nissan in comparison to other marques with a heritage of desirable vehicles.

Progress in this area will be of great benefit to many members.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
The majority of the management team will retain their involvement next year, with one or two new members coming on-board. I won't list them all in these minutes but they will all be making themselves known over the coming weeks.

As said above I shall be staying on as the GTROC National Events Manager assisting and helping the old and new Regional Reps for 2014 with their meets and local events on behalf of the club. As per usual I shall also be fretting, organising, hair pulling, stressing and all the other malarkey that comes with organising the club at events such as Japfest, J.A.E, Motorsport at the Palace and working with our Vice Chairman Ross on the National Skyline and GTR Day - oops did that slip out :runaway: :p

I shall also continue as the GTROC Facebook Editor but expand the role as the the Online Social Media Manager keeping an eye on Twitter and so forth to get our presecene and progress out there :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
The above extracts are welcome news and I would ask that the provision and effective distribution of OEM Skyline parts becomes a key objective of Mr Tamura and John. The current situation is poor and is a distinguishing feature of Nissan in comparison to other marques with a heritage of desirable vehicles.

Progress in this area will be of great benefit to many members.
Second that.

Also, I would like to see a more detailed set of minutes distrbuted to the membership. For the vast majority who did not/could not attend the AGM comments like :

"..... The Club's accounts were circulated and approved unanimously ....."

"..... The vice chairman reported on successful initiatives such as discounted tyre offers for members and other tie-ins with sponsors and manufacturers for 2014 ....."

"..... The vice chairman and John Miskin reported exciting new changes within Nissan surrounding the Nismo brand and thier regular meetings with Nissan UK to discuss joint initiatives which are already in place for 2014 ....."

are useless in terms of understanding the workings of the GTROC. The minutes of an AGM are not supposed to be only a "summary" of what was said or reported, but a full and accurate account. Well, at least that's the case in other Clubs that I am a paid member off, but then the GTROC seems to be a little different when it comes to being open in its dealings, at least with its membership. For all the years I have been a member I've never seen a copy of the Club's accounts ..... even when asked for.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
The minutes are a summary of the AGM meeting. All attendees were given a copy of the accounts on the day. The meeting lasted less than an hour and dealt mainly with the formal aspects of electing the board following John's resignation and the proposed club rule 5 change to allow more flexibility in appointing members to the management team throughout the year.

The discussion about the accounts at the meeting went exactly as follows: The treasurer informed us that there is a healthy bank balance available to cover the running of events (up front payments etc..) and there is provision for capital expenditure on kit and other planned spending.. such as the new on-line events calendar which will go live shortly on gtroc.org together with announcements about sponsorship deals.

We don't publish club accounts on a public forum

If you would like to get more involved in the running of the club and find out more, like any member you can put your name forward and you can be co-opted into the management team and join a monthly management team conference call. There is a list of the types of roles performed by the management team but a member can now take specific tasks without having to assume a full role.

PM me if you wish..

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
GTROC AGM 2013
.......The vice chairman reported on successful initiatives such as discounted tyre offers for members and other tie-ins with sponsors and manufacturers for 2014
This is further welcome information, particularly given that many 32s and most 33s and 34s are running 265/35/18 tyres on each corner. This should be a gift for Toyo to offer GTROC members a great deal, and not just on 888s.

It's the same with pads, there are only a couple of patterns in widespread Skyline use and just an initial offer for the pattern to fit OEM 4 pot Brembos would be appreciated by many GTROC members. AP 6 pot pattern would be a good seller as well.

The Club objective should be to offer tyres and pads at a lower prices for GTROC members than can be obtained elsewhere, otherwise why raise the subject?

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
The club welcomes all members to join in - no matter for a single local event or anything - everything helps the memberships. Accounts are freely available to any member, any time but as Malc said we obviously don't publish them on a public, general forum.

Jack - as you know the GTROC is a club for the members and we do everything we can to benefit them. With the new car vendors are keen to support and the Skyline cars, while enormously important to the club and the heritage, already have a far reaching support network and a larger variety of potential parts.

As you can appreciate turning the GTROC into a trader (rather than just a set of tyres and potentially brakes) would be counterproductive for both the trader/tuner community and take a enormous amount of time and effort.

That being said if any member wishes to help with this we would be absolutely delighted! The goal of the club has been, and always will be, to benefit the members as much as we can. We are a small but really friendly and diverse club which I love spending time with and myself and all those who have, and will, volunteer are aiming to raise the bar again in 2014.

I am delighted that Barry P has joined the team and is assisting with Track Days, Sprints and other existing and new events for next year with nurburgringGTR continuing the excellent Silverstone relationship.

Anyone who wishes to join in in 2014 please let me know and PM me anytime.

Here's to a great 2014 - also welcome any ideas on what the members wish to do!

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Thanks for your feedback on the tyre and pad scenario Rog.:D

If I hadn't enquired then another member or two may have done so.

Roll on 2014.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
well done Barry

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
...... As you can appreciate turning the GTROC into a trader (rather than just a set of tyres and potentially brakes) would be counterproductive for both the trader/tuner community and take a enormous amount of time and effort.
That being said if any member wishes to help with this we would be absolutely delighted! ......
I would like to work with Mr Tamura to safeguard ageing OEM component availability and develop an efficient heritage supply chain through enthusiastic Nissan dealerships - one in each in key country or geographical area.

Initially, efficient availability of older components may be a strange concept for Nissan but if successful could lead to favourable comparisons with blue chip marques which have been managing components for their heritage vehicles over many decades.

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
I would like to work with Mr Tamura to safeguard ageing OEM component availability and develop an efficient heritage supply chain through enthusiastic Nissan dealerships - one in each in key country or geographical area.

Initially, efficient availability of older components may be a strange concept for Nissan but if successful could lead to favourable comparisons with blue chip marques which have been managing components for their heritage vehicles over many decades.
I shall suggest it ;-)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts