GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I have been badly ripped off on a GTR part by a guy living in Australia, would very much appreciate a chat with some locals!
T

·
Vendor
1,931 Posts
Unfortunately the forums and social media sites attract the scum of society that can’t be arsed to day a days graft.

·
Super Moderator
15,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He seemed a legit business, but has now admitted he has ripped me off. I've made a card claim and I will post the whole thing up including names...but could really do with a contact in the Australian community so everyone over there knows who he is.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Tony, sorry to hear about your situation, RB28 on the Skyline forums seems to be from OZ, maybe he or she could help.

·
Registered
25,453 Posts
depends on if its 32/34 etc assume 34

post it in the FB 34 OZ group. i can do this, to a link here, but you going to have to post the details to get people to help.

:)

·
Super Moderator
15,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it was an R34 item. I'll post up as soon as I can, but I want to spread it far and wide quickly once I do.

·
Vendor
1,931 Posts
Best just to put it down as a bad experience, and move on.

we’ve had enough of the scammers on the forum in the past, bitten once myself but luckily only £50.

The main problem arises then for genuine sellars because people become overly cautious and you can’t blame them.

Ive shipped parts across the half of the globe without issue, so there’s still a majority of decent people out there.

Moving on, I hope you can claim back on your card.

·
Super Moderator
15,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I've literally been fraudulently scammed out of several thousand Australian dollars by a guy who had my item, but sold it twice, sent it to the second (subsequent) buyer then realised he couldn't afford to refund me, and so has sent me nothing...my story does need to be told but I'm waiting to see what I can claim back through my card supplier as he posed as a company and I paid by CC.

·
Super Moderator
15,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's the story:
  • Bonnet was for sale in October 2019 at various online locations.
  • I agreed to buy it 4/10/19. It was a reasonable price and he sent me photographs of the bonnet with my name and the date so he proved it was current.
  • He gave me his business details which I checked including an Australian Business Number which I verified belonged to his name and address
  • I checked his selling history which seemed fine to customers all over the world and he sent me an invoice which he later marked as paid
  • I gave him my card details on 11/10/19 which was to pay for the bonnet via xxx, as Australia are on a time differential I assumed this would go through overnight.
  • He actually processed my initial payment of 500 Australian dollars, or £278.31 via a company called xxx on 15th October 2019. I was not expecting this but he assured me it was a sister business and would not affect the sale.
  • We then had some difficulty with payment and after a couple of refunds he claimed he was having issues with his machine.
  • He requested the remainder via a paypal invoice of the balance which I paid of 5,930 Australian dollars or £3,305.16 on 17th October 2019.
  • He confirmed he had received the funds on 4th November 2019.
  • He told me the item would be posted in the next month or two. I got various pictures of the packaging in preparation throughout November and December.
  • I gave him longer due to the issues he claimed with packaging the bonnet but I was expecting it to be posted in January.
  • I spent over a month chasing him in January and February for a postage tracking number and date.
  • On 7th February 2020 I insisted no more delays I must have the bonnet, he claimed to have moved house which had delayed things.
  • On 27th February 2020 after no reply to a couple of messages I insisted he refund me or post the bonnet to me, he claimed he was ‘sorting it’.
  • 3rd March 2020 I discovered that he had resold the bonnet and posted it to a chap in the Netherlands who confirmed to me he had received it. I discovered via a bit of research he had actually resold it in early December and posted it in January to the Netherlands whilst simultaneously pretending to me he still had it.
  • I confronted him about this via email and eventually on 10th March 2020 he admitted to me he had money troubles and had resold my item, and I now would not be receiving it.
  • I believe he has fraudulently taken my money, I have no item received and no prospect of a refund. He has falsely sent eCheque refunds via paypal which have not completed, I believe to try and stall my complaint.
  • Paypal have been incredibly unhelpful. I have an email asking me about this business transaction, which they claim they did not send and have no record of, yet I have had it verified it did originate from them. They are claiming I sent money to a friend, even though I have an email indicating otherwise. I’ve no way of disproving this to them and they told me to complain to my card issuer so I have
  • The card issuer are saying they will 'try' to recover the money.
  • The whole thing is a f**k**g nightmare!
Once my card issuer finishes their investigation I will post up the man's name, his company, his address and contact details. I will look to taking this up and legally pursuing him in Australia via legal representation there if I have to. I will basically follow this guy for the rest of his life!! But it would be also very useful to publicise it throughout the Australian GTR community so he doesn't rip off anyone else. I consider him a thief frankly.

·
Registered
25,453 Posts
sorry to hear the full detail.

i would have stopped at the "sister company" - the was testing your card.

where did the bonnet ship from to NL? japan or Oz?

Paypal wont help :(

edit to say - a reasonable price for a vspec bonnet is not £4k.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I'd post this on skylines Australia forum. They are much more active and word can quickly get around. If you expose him now you will possibly be saving other people from getting scammed.

·
Super Moderator
15,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I’m in touch wirh some Australian guys. There is no way I’m not pursuing this. It’s far too much cash to let go.

it was a second hand bonnet that needed restoration so I considered it a reasonable price, it had been on a GTT in Australia, it was shipped to the Netherlands so did exist, basically he sold it twice.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts

I’m in touch wirh some Australian guys. There is no way I’m not pursuing this. It’s far too much cash to let go.
Don't blame You Toni! Breaking legs is too good for thieving Scum like this. I do wish You all the best in getting made whole again from this shockingly appalling experience. Please keep us informed of any progress made because we don't need Folks like that ripping off Members of Our Community.

Just a thought but maybe we should have a "Skyline GT-R" meet down under? I'm sure He'd be quite surprised when half a Plane full of hairy ar$ed Brits turn up at His Address to ask Him about why He thought it was a good idea to steal from Toni like He has done here.....:devilish:

JM2PW!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Probably start by saying who it was, might get the wheels into action

Skylines Australia are known to remove posts which out dodgies with factual information, they got a piss weak admin who's been babied all his life.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Probably start by saying who it was, might get the wheels into action

Skylines Australia are known to remove posts which out dodgies with factual information, they got a piss weak admin who's been babied all his life.
A bit like gtr.co.uk then :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts