GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
I just realised I know the new owner of the bonnet, think he got it through an importer. Did wonder where he got a yellow one from.

sorry to hear this isn’t sorted out yet, looks to be a lengthy issue to sort

·
Super Moderator
15,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So annoying when I paid for it first!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Best just to put it down as a bad experience, and move on.

we’ve had enough of the scammers on the forum in the past, bitten once myself but luckily only £50.

The main problem arises then for genuine sellars because people become overly cautious and you can’t blame them.

Ive shipped parts across the half of the globe without issue, so there’s still a majority of decent people out there.

Moving on, I hope you can claim back on your card.
In today's online world, it is better to publish the names of the offenders regardless. People will not be any more or less cautious. The search tool has advanced a lot and it is better to have the info available for new buyers who can find these details in an online search.

Sellers are usually presumed innnocent until proven guilty (by bad online ratings or horror stories). There are so many scams out there already and everybody knows it. It has absolutely no impact in terms of giving buyers any more or less cautious mindset. But it does give buyers more ammo to find against bad sellers.

·
Super Moderator
15,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Quite right. Bloke is called Daniel Prosser, also Daniel Wallace but is currently calling himself Dan Dan on Facebook. He called is company Unaturally Aspirated. He took money off me via another company callEd Lulubelles Clothing, which I think belongs to a family member.
avoid this man as he has not attempted to pay me back and I am now involved in quite a complicated legal claim against him.

·
Super Moderator
15,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
A lot of the original adverts he had up he's deleted. But there's still this one if anyone knows anyone on SAU.

·
Registered
1 Posts
G’day from Australia.
Found this thread through Matty N on an aussie GTR group asking for assistance.
Long story short, yes the seller’s name as mentioned above is correct and this isnt the first time he has been involved in such a situation.
There are a few local guys that have been burnt by him for a lot of money. Generally speaking, we have a very tight circle amongst the GTR community so it wasnt long before we became aware of his dealings.
If the OP wishes to get more info and be kept in the loop, please send me a message.
Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
15,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Oh joy so he's scammed me knowingly by the looks of things. Gutted.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Oh joy so he's scammed me knowingly by the looks of things. Gutted.
There's always a payback, that's the type of rat who will never go far in life, he took your hard earned money, the longer he think he can get away scamming people, the tougher the punishment.

I knew a guy who was like that, one day and out of nowhere, a truck hit him, we all knew why.

·
Super Moderator
15,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just to update you guys. Basically Barclaycard have added to the nightmare by being very hard to speak to over the pandemic.
Today I got confirmed they had attempted to do a claimback against Lulubelles Clothing and the vendor denied it!!! Totally outrageous. However, Barclays then did not follow it up so they have now credited me the money back themselves and I got £150 compensation. So that's the deposit I got back - but essentially this guy gets to keep the money. I find it amazing that people like this can keep getting away with it.

Still waiting to hear on the remainder big part of the balance....

·
Super Moderator
15,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The credit card company really confuses me. I've got the guys name, address, driving licence. I know where he lives. They have all that information, yet don't seem to be doing anything with it.

I assume eventually they will lodge a legal case against him or at least report it to local police. It's just so frustrating it takes so long.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Just to update you guys. Basically Barclaycard have added to the nightmare by being very hard to speak to over the pandemic.
Today I got confirmed they had attempted to do a claimback against Lulubelles Clothing and the vendor denied it!!! Totally outrageous. However, Barclays then did not follow it up so they have now credited me the money back themselves and I got £150 compensation. So that's the deposit I got back - but essentially this guy gets to keep the money. I find it amazing that people like this can keep getting away with it.

Still waiting to hear on the remainder big part of the balance....
Good to hear. If yOU HAVE the energy, then pursue it as far as you can. I don't agree with those who say "move on". That just allows these guys to continue with their ways. By pushing him all this time, he might think twice about scamming somebody else.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune Toni. It is really is terrible and hope you fight this all the way. we recently got scammed by a guy in Australia who made an order on our website then once received he made a credit card charge back. We had a conversation with him that he had received the item and he was happy. All this evidence was presented to the card processing company but the fraudsters bank sided with him.

Sorry to hijack your thread, I am considering taking some kind of legal action if possible against this guy, if any of our members knows any solicitors in and around Sydney area please send me a DM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quite right. Bloke is called Daniel Prosser, also Daniel Wallace but is currently calling himself Dan Dan on Facebook. He called is company Unaturally Aspirated. He took money off me via another company callEd Lulubelles Clothing, which I think belongs to a family member.
avoid this man as he has not attempted to pay me back and I am now involved in quite a complicated legal claim against him.
Hi Just to let you know I was searching up Daniel’s name because he has also ripped me off, not only does this with car parts but anything really, I have a long a twisted story of him trying to scam me with a laptop- he lives in Cairns Qld and does not have a real job, just a professional scammer. He is married to a Carla Wallace, hence why he would be trying to also go by “ Daniel Wallace”. Really hope you do push forward with the legal process and keep us all in the loop- thank you

·
Super Moderator
15,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Yeah so the update on this is after this thread he did contact me and claimed that paypal had pursued him and got the money off him. I have no idea if that is the case or not - I claimed the money via my bank and they refunded me.
The bloke is a scammer and needs to be avoided. He has changed his name yet again on Facebook and is currently going under Dano Mano.

Reactions: matty32
21 - 40 of 47 Posts